Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HolidayCoro PixNode Strips vx Boscoyo Pixel Strips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HolidayCoro PixNode Strips vx Boscoyo Pixel Strips

Quote Originally Posted by jsheehan3 View Post
    Hey James. Someone asked me this year if the strips could be made in a green color instead of black. Same with the little trees. Would it be possible?
    It has been asked several times in the past and the answer is always NO.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsheehan3 View Post
    Hey James. Someone asked me this year if the strips could be made in a green color instead of black. Same with the little trees. Would it be possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rust-...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    I used the Holiday Coro strips for my Mega Tree in 2015. Problems... problems.. and more problems. Nodes kept falling out... Had to ziptie every node in... Bigger and better Mega tree in 2016 using Boscoyo strips. Much better product! Thicker material, nodes fit tight, no issues. I would definitely use the Bsocoyo strips. Maybe the Holiday Coro strips are better now, my bad experience with them was from early 2015. Have never heard a complaint on the Boscoyo product.
    Soar Thumbs will attest to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry72 View Post
    Soar Thumbs will attest to that.
    My thumb print no longer works to unlock my IPhone after pushing all those nodes... over 10k last year and the Monster Matrix is way harder than the strips fyi! Great product but a painmatrix.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Verrous View Post
    Good luck with that, I've tried paint and I've tried PVC stain. Neither stays on.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    Good luck with that, I've tried paint and I've tried PVC stain. Neither stays on.
    I used that paint this year and it stayed on as long as you weren't actively trying to scratch it off. I think it would have done better if I hit it with their primer first. it's not perfect, but a green/dark brown look was what I was looking for to try and blend in a bit better with the bushes. A few blotchy or scratched spots only add to the effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever used a progressive spacing on the strips? Like 4" on one end and progressively shorter spacing so that it is 2" at the far end? (Since the top of the tree, each column is closer together they could be spaced vertically apart further. Then at the bottom of the tree were the viewer is closer and the columns are further apart, the spacing are closer together.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Braveit1 View Post
    Has anyone ever used a progressive spacing on the strips? Like 4" on one end and progressively shorter spacing so that it is 2" at the far end? (Since the top of the tree, each column is closer together they could be spaced vertically apart further. Then at the bottom of the tree were the viewer is closer and the columns are further apart, the spacing are closer together.)
    Good that you are mentioning this arrangement . Don't think it has been done yet but i have also been working on this set up so that the "Sweet Spot " always has a component of 4 pixels in a square all the way up the tree from bottom to top . The Proportional Degree Tree helps to make this possible . There are a lot of ways the pixel tree will be developed in the future .

Post Thanks / Like

I have strips from both vendors and trust me - Boscoyo is the only way to go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123