Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replaceable led or led color lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Replaceable led or led color lenses

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    My existing strings are 35 bulbs each, with about 25 red and 10 white. There are 14 strings. Have you experienced any corrosion or connection issues with the replaceable leds?
    No problems so far that I have noticed. Have to apologize though, I only have a couple of Pure White left.

Post Thanks / Like

The quick (almost answer) is no, I have not experienced any connection/corrosion issue. My guess is that I have about 10,000 of these bulbs on my figures. This is the third year for some of the light strings. Out of three years of service, one string failed because water got into the plug on one string. I have since sealed up all of my plugs with silicone sealant to stop any potential water access. I had one bulb with water intrusion that stopped working but that was easily replaced. I have had to replace about 15-20 bulbs during those 3 years because they stopped working(not due to water intrusion, not sure why), although the rest of the string stayed on.

They are a little spendy but IMHO they have been well worth it and I would purchase again if I was doing this type of project again. This option really allows me to customize my figures. I also tried various different paints on led lenses but in the end, this was the best option for me.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, the other guy beat me to it, but the color rite line is the best choice I am aware of.
    they are having a 20% off sale here for them http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/Co...LEDlights.aspx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12