View Poll Results: Which 2017 features and improvements are most important to you

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improve Multi-PC profile sharing (e.g. sequencing PC/Show PC scenarios with same profile)

2 3.64%
  • Cross-profile sharing (sharing of sequences or other items between users with different profiles)

15 27.27%
  • New Effects (please describe your desired effects below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve Existing Effects (specify improvements below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve realtime performance (things are jerky or slow and need to be improved)

1 1.82%
  • Improve FPP integration. Batch export and auto-upload, Auto-configure the FPP, etc…

8 14.55%
  • Add Custom Props in preview

11 20.00%
  • Add Support for Moving Lights

1 1.82%
  • Add/Improve Video/Media support (tell us what this means to you)

1 1.82%
  • Scheduler improvements (specify needs and ideas below)

4 7.27%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

I don't, nor do I intend on using an external player(other than the Ledtriks); I had ZERO issues running the scheduler this year, and I'm running 25+ sequences along with end of show routines, both sequences and external loading Ledtriks.

Rule 1 in my book: Make a change to the Scheduler in any way, save exit and restart V3.

Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post
    The scheduler needs to die. If there's even a minute of developers time wasted supporting the scheduler, than it really needs to die. Those that don't like to change or learn new things will moan, but let them. Everyone either is using an external player or should be.

Effort should be focused on sequence sharing, new effects, improve effects, improve engine performance, and FPP export.

/my 2 cents
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

2. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for scheduler improvements, I love change, that's what I do at work on a daily bases but I don't want to have to use seperate hardware or software to be able to run my display. For example I have my own 3rd party apps that I created that need to integrate with Vixen and therefor I need the scheduler running.

Why does the scheduler require so much ram and a high performance PC to be able to do the same job as FPP. Why can't the scheduler be redesigned so it renders and outputs just like the Falcon player.

Also with the performance improvements last year I was able to run 55,000 channels.
    Last edited by Gnarmstr; 01-02-2017 at 08:03 PM.

4. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, in the thread I brought this up in others were reporting the same issue as I, with the same symptoms. But no need to further dilute this thread about it...
    I had/have the same issue. I had to unpatch everything, set the dimming curve and then repatch everything. A pain, but worked... Just have to do it again if I make any changes to layout/setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurbo99 View Post
    Rule 1 in my book: Make a change to the Scheduler in any way, save exit and restart V3.
    Quick tip. After making change to the schedule or shows, go into display setup, and then click ok (not cancel) to get out of display setup. This will force a save on the whole profile, which includes the schedule. This way you can do it while a schedule/show is running.
    We'll eventually fix this up to make the schedule edits save as soon as you're done editing the schedule or show. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like all effects to be able to be applied location based, including when layered. New effects are also great. I do like the export of the channel map to fpp but that's always been pretty simple in my opinion although it does take a bit of time. If I had a problem in FPP, it was because I screwed up my layout in vixen to start with and you cant fix that!!

Whatever you guys settle on as the priority, we appreciate your time and efforts. Vixen has always been awesome.

8. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Quick tip. After making change to the schedule or shows, go into display setup, and then click ok (not cancel) to get out of display setup. This will force a save on the whole profile, which includes the schedule. This way you can do it while a schedule/show is running.
    We'll eventually fix this up to make the schedule edits save as soon as you're done editing the schedule or show. Just haven't gotten to it yet.
    I do have this fixed in a branch of code I will commit in the next week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    I had/have the same issue. I had to unpatch everything, set the dimming curve and then repatch everything. A pain, but worked... Just have to do it again if I make any changes to layout/setup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is any way related, I would like to see the profile at the point it occurs so I can see what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    What do you mean by this? Are you talking about the ports used to communicate to controllers? If so, that's not very likely. The ports need to be open for the engine to run, and the engine needs to be running before the scheduler can run. What is the actual problem you're looking to solve?
    Keep in mind that many of us use more than one simultaneous schedule or have schedules overlap in time for various practical purposes, so how would restarting the engine work with that in mind?
    Yes, the ports communicating to controllers. I have had the show running and no response from controllers. It happened last night and I don't know why? Normally it would happen when Vixen is running before the network and usb are plugged in. I saw someone post the same issue.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk
    Paul

2014 - FM-02 - Vixen 2.1.1 - 369 Channels - DMX, RenardPlus 32, 11 Dumb RGB strips, 100 pixels
    2015 - FM-02 - V3 - E1.31 - 500 roof pixels, 4 Arches, 4 Singing trees w/RenardPlus 32, 10 Dumb RGB strips.
    2016 - Added Pixel Tree, P10 sign, Window Pixels via Komby
    2017 - Bigger Tree, Bigger Sign, ESPixelsticks

Post Thanks / Like

My show is run from the scheduler as it doesn't run smoothly any other way.

The scheduler needs to die. If there's even a minute of developers time wasted supporting the scheduler, than it really needs to die. Those that don't like to change or learn new things will moan, but let them. Everyone either is using an external player or should be.

Effort should be focused on sequence sharing, new effects, improve effects, improve engine performance, and FPP export.

/my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paudyd View Post
    Yes, the ports communicating to controllers. I have had the show running and no response from controllers. It happened last night and I don't know why? Normally it would happen when Vixen is running before the network and usb are plugged in. I saw someone post the same issue.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like there's an underlying problem here that needs to be addressed. If you haven't already done so, you may want to raise a ticket so we can explore it in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast