View Poll Results: Which 2017 features and improvements are most important to you

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improve Multi-PC profile sharing (e.g. sequencing PC/Show PC scenarios with same profile)

2 3.64%
  • Cross-profile sharing (sharing of sequences or other items between users with different profiles)

15 27.27%
  • New Effects (please describe your desired effects below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve Existing Effects (specify improvements below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve realtime performance (things are jerky or slow and need to be improved)

1 1.82%
  • Improve FPP integration. Batch export and auto-upload, Auto-configure the FPP, etc…

8 14.55%
  • Add Custom Props in preview

11 20.00%
  • Add Support for Moving Lights

1 1.82%
  • Add/Improve Video/Media support (tell us what this means to you)

1 1.82%
  • Scheduler improvements (specify needs and ideas below)

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

We posted a few weeks back to solicit your ideas for improvements to Vixen. Now we're putting those results into poll form to try and gauge the priority across the user base.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

more options on the wipe effect and more effects that are location (x,y,z) aware

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holtm View Post
    more options on the wipe effect and more effects that are location (x,y,z) aware
    Which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, not trying to be difficult. Just as specific as possible to really zero in on the development schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

we can only pick one...? oh boy...
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    we can only pick one...? oh boy...
    I checked the multiple choice box. not sure what happened there.

Post Thanks / Like

The scheduler needs to die. If there's even a minute of developers time wasted supporting the scheduler, than it really needs to die. Those that don't like to change or learn new things will moan, but let them. Everyone either is using an external player or should be.

Effort should be focused on sequence sharing, new effects, improve effects, improve engine performance, and FPP export.

/my 2 cents
    [url]www.billporter.info[/url]
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 [url="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3WRF86Nfv099UZahf___A7i"]Halloween: 2500 Channels;[/url] 3 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3VVfgwM0nxDebdwI__rQZ9Z"]Christmas: 4500 Channels[/URL]; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3UKHXDhmKhdheaJBOFgJ5IL"]Halloween: 6500 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3Uk21zJ3QHeHEMe1XzJOTSr"]Christmas: 11,000 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs.

8. Likes JCook, pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry one mans opinion does not speak for all! I love vixen and use the scheduler and my show worked great and I know alot of others that use the scheduler in the sequencers either vixen or xlights not everyone wants to go to the pi
    Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post
    The scheduler needs to die. If there's even a minute of developers time wasted supporting the scheduler, than it really needs to die. Those that don't like to change or learn new things will moan, but let them. Everyone either is using an external player or should be.

Effort should be focused on sequence sharing, new effects, improve effects, improve engine performance, and FPP export.

/my 2 cents
    James WinterHaven Fl

10. Thanks mikel3332 thanked for this post
    Likes paudyd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post

/my 2 cents
    We were actually very surprised at how many users were using the V3 scheduler this year. It's hard to quantify, but it felt like quite a few more people than previous years. A lot of old bugs came up again as more people were using it. I attribute this to the overall performance improvements enabling the scheduler to be a viable option for a lot of people. I'm still using it myself. (and I do use FPP too)
    The scheduler will remain relevant as we get into more and more into mixed media displays, as well as for real-time live interactivity. A lot of this is slow to develop in actual displays just because these are complex concepts, but it's growing slowly but surely. Personally I think that tight integration between the realtime engine like we have in vixen, and external local playback systems will be the way of the future. I can't think of any other way to have advanced things like 3d rendered projection talking faces interacting live with users.

12. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    We were actually very surprised at how many users were using the V3 scheduler this year.
    I'm not, people don't like change.

A lot of old bugs came up again as more people were using it.
    And this is why it needs to die. To be honest, it feels like Vixen is falling behind. It seems like Xlights has been hitting hard for the past year with new effects and better whole house model support of said effects. While i spent the year fighting bugs that disabled outputs based of the order of color/curve mapping, a bug that still has me restarting vixen every 30 minutes to shake off a slow down in rendering, and bugs that screw up my preview every so often. It's hard not to want to tear my hair out and jump ship like Matt Johnson did this past year.

I've submitted bug reports, posted about features I'd like to see and the usual answer I get is the Vixen development team is limited and must prioritize. And i get it, I really do. You guys rock but there's only so much time you can give. But to see you spend any effort on the scheduler or on the support of it, when there is a 100% reliable and externally supported replacement available, is disheartening. FPP has brought about a paradigm shift. Vixen and Xlights are now more about creating sequences than scheduling them. The Xlights devs are considering dropping their scheduler all together, from what they have said in the wednesday web meetings. For a while I thought you guys were too, until I saw it as an option in this poll.

Personally I think that tight integration between the realtime engine like we have in vixen, and external local playback systems will be the way of the future.
    FPP is an external local playback system, and has tons of support. Why not lean on that to let you focus on the sequencer itself?

Like I said, these are my 2 cents. Of course those that use the scheduler won't agree with me. But neither did my parents when i had to force them to cancel their landline and buy their first smartphone....
    [url]www.billporter.info[/url]
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 [url="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3WRF86Nfv099UZahf___A7i"]Halloween: 2500 Channels;[/url] 3 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3VVfgwM0nxDebdwI__rQZ9Z"]Christmas: 4500 Channels[/URL]; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3UKHXDhmKhdheaJBOFgJ5IL"]Halloween: 6500 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3Uk21zJ3QHeHEMe1XzJOTSr"]Christmas: 11,000 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast