View Poll Results: Which 2017 features and improvements are most important to you

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Improve Multi-PC profile sharing (e.g. sequencing PC/Show PC scenarios with same profile)

2 3.64%
  • Cross-profile sharing (sharing of sequences or other items between users with different profiles)

15 27.27%
  • New Effects (please describe your desired effects below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve Existing Effects (specify improvements below)

6 10.91%
  • Improve realtime performance (things are jerky or slow and need to be improved)

1 1.82%
  • Improve FPP integration. Batch export and auto-upload, Auto-configure the FPP, etc…

8 14.55%
  • Add Custom Props in preview

11 20.00%
  • Add Support for Moving Lights

1 1.82%
  • Add/Improve Video/Media support (tell us what this means to you)

1 1.82%
  • Scheduler improvements (specify needs and ideas below)

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

We posted a few weeks back to solicit your ideas for improvements to Vixen. Now we're putting those results into poll form to try and gauge the priority across the user base.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 Development Priority Poll

more options on the wipe effect and more effects that are location (x,y,z) aware

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holtm View Post
    more options on the wipe effect and more effects that are location (x,y,z) aware
    Which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holtm View Post
    I agree. I would like to use effects such as the curtain on my whole house. I thought I had in the past??? The curtain is very much like Wipe so perhaps the two could combine.

I use the scheduler. I would like to make updates to sequences without stopping the entire show. I would also suggest the ports are initialized when the show begins.

Paudyd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paudyd View Post
    I use the scheduler. I would like to make updates to sequences without stopping the entire show. I would also suggest the ports are initialized when the show begins.
    What do you mean by this? Are you talking about the ports used to communicate to controllers? If so, that's not very likely. The ports need to be open for the engine to run, and the engine needs to be running before the scheduler can run. What is the actual problem you're looking to solve?
    Keep in mind that many of us use more than one simultaneous schedule or have schedules overlap in time for various practical purposes, so how would restarting the engine work with that in mind?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    What do you mean by this? Are you talking about the ports used to communicate to controllers? If so, that's not very likely. The ports need to be open for the engine to run, and the engine needs to be running before the scheduler can run. What is the actual problem you're looking to solve?
    Keep in mind that many of us use more than one simultaneous schedule or have schedules overlap in time for various practical purposes, so how would restarting the engine work with that in mind?
    Yes, the ports communicating to controllers. I have had the show running and no response from controllers. It happened last night and I don't know why? Normally it would happen when Vixen is running before the network and usb are plugged in. I saw someone post the same issue.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk
    Paul

2014 - FM-02 - Vixen 2.1.1 - 369 Channels - DMX, RenardPlus 32, 11 Dumb RGB strips, 100 pixels
    2015 - FM-02 - V3 - E1.31 - 500 roof pixels, 4 Arches, 4 Singing trees w/RenardPlus 32, 10 Dumb RGB strips.
    2016 - Added Pixel Tree, P10 sign, Window Pixels via Komby
    2017 - Bigger Tree, Bigger Sign, ESPixelsticks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paudyd View Post
    Yes, the ports communicating to controllers. I have had the show running and no response from controllers. It happened last night and I don't know why? Normally it would happen when Vixen is running before the network and usb are plugged in. I saw someone post the same issue.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like there's an underlying problem here that needs to be addressed. If you haven't already done so, you may want to raise a ticket so we can explore it in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, not trying to be difficult. Just as specific as possible to really zero in on the development schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

we can only pick one...? oh boy...
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    we can only pick one...? oh boy...
    I checked the multiple choice box. not sure what happened there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast