Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Thread: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    I've seen his video of that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it today......

    Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Well, finally got to the other house and found the pdf for the bubbler lights from some time ago!
    So here is an older method for making them I guess.
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Anyone have any progress on this project to report?!?!?!?!? Come on! Videos or it didn't happen!
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    I posted everything including video and a parts list.. mine were done long ago..

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    SHoot, I totally forgot about that, sorry (I was just thinking about it today and went to the end of the thread. Off to review your notes and pics. Thanks!!! Have you been running it any? Anything to update do differently with it?
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    SHoot, I totally forgot about that, sorry (I was just thinking about it today and went to the end of the thread. Off to review your notes and pics. Thanks!!! Have you been running it any? Anything to update do differently with it?
    I run them every now and then for people to see. I took one to our local meeting months ago.. I figured how to interface the LEDs but forgot to write it down.. doh! so I will do it again and use my show control to run them in Dec. When I get to it, I will share the scheme.. simple control really...

    I don't think I would do anything differently.. I did look into vacuum forming the base however since the bucket it completely opaque. I have so many things going on that I am just sure when I will get back to them..

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    I run them every now and then for people to see. I took one to our local meeting months ago.. I figured how to interface the LEDs but forgot to write it down.. doh! so I will do it again and use my show control to run them in Dec. When I get to it, I will share the scheme.. simple control really...

    I don't think I would do anything differently.. I did look into vacuum forming the base however since the bucket it completely opaque. I have so many things going on that I am just sure when I will get back to them..
    I would love to heard what you figured out on the lights. I will be running these stand alone, but the lights seem to be pretty spastic when i plug them in, I wish they did a slower fade on/off. Did your lights act the same way?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    I would love to heard what you figured out on the lights. I will be running these stand alone, but the lights seem to be pretty spastic when i plug them in, I wish they did a slower fade on/off. Did your lights act the same way?

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mine do a slow fade from the package. I am going to hack them to control them via xLights and a driver output.

    On mine the LEDs are slid up into insets in the tube and I was able to pull the board all the way out to get to them. I traced out the LEDs circuit but I have no clue where I put that info. I will just have to bite the bullet and do it again.... some day..When I do figure it out again I will share.. but the info will only be good on the same type of lamps

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    908
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    Mine do a slow fade from the package. I am going to hack them to control them via xLights and a driver output.

    On mine the LEDs are slid up into insets in the tube and I was able to pull the board all the way out to get to them. I traced out the LEDs circuit but I have no clue where I put that info. I will just have to bite the bullet and do it again.... some day..When I do figure it out again I will share.. but the info will only be good on the same type of lamps
    Well darn, I must have bought some duds. Do you know who you bought yours from? The shame of it is, these came from a US seller who ahupped super fast.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eagan, Mn.
    Posts
    3,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Well, finally got to the other house and found the pdf for the bubbler lights from some time ago!
    So here is an older method for making them I guess.
    That's the one I remember. I think that was a couple of PC's ago.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

    Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    Well darn, I must have bought some duds. Do you know who you bought yours from? The shame of it is, these came from a US seller who ahupped super fast.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I think I listed everything I used in this thread somewhere..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •