Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thoughts on DIY Giant Bubble Light

I've seen his video of that somewhere, but I can't seem to find it today......

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Well, finally got to the other house and found the pdf for the bubbler lights from some time ago!
    So here is an older method for making them I guess.
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have any progress on this project to report?!?!?!?!? Come on! Videos or it didn't happen!
    ~Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I posted everything including video and a parts list.. mine were done long ago..

Post Thanks / Like

SHoot, I totally forgot about that, sorry (I was just thinking about it today and went to the end of the thread. Off to review your notes and pics. Thanks!!! Have you been running it any? Anything to update do differently with it?
    ~Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toozie21 View Post
    SHoot, I totally forgot about that, sorry (I was just thinking about it today and went to the end of the thread. Off to review your notes and pics. Thanks!!! Have you been running it any? Anything to update do differently with it?
    I run them every now and then for people to see. I took one to our local meeting months ago.. I figured how to interface the LEDs but forgot to write it down.. doh! so I will do it again and use my show control to run them in Dec. When I get to it, I will share the scheme.. simple control really...

I don't think I would do anything differently.. I did look into vacuum forming the base however since the bucket it completely opaque. I have so many things going on that I am just sure when I will get back to them..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    I run them every now and then for people to see. I took one to our local meeting months ago.. I figured how to interface the LEDs but forgot to write it down.. doh! so I will do it again and use my show control to run them in Dec. When I get to it, I will share the scheme.. simple control really...

I don't think I would do anything differently.. I did look into vacuum forming the base however since the bucket it completely opaque. I have so many things going on that I am just sure when I will get back to them..
    I would love to heard what you figured out on the lights. I will be running these stand alone, but the lights seem to be pretty spastic when i plug them in, I wish they did a slower fade on/off. Did your lights act the same way?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ~Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to heard what you figured out on the lights. I will be running these stand alone, but the lights seem to be pretty spastic when i plug them in, I wish they did a slower fade on/off. Did your lights act the same way?

Mine do a slow fade from the package. I am going to hack them to control them via xLights and a driver output.

On mine the LEDs are slid up into insets in the tube and I was able to pull the board all the way out to get to them. I traced out the LEDs circuit but I have no clue where I put that info. I will just have to bite the bullet and do it again.... some day..When I do figure it out again I will share.. but the info will only be good on the same type of lamps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    Mine do a slow fade from the package. I am going to hack them to control them via xLights and a driver output.

On mine the LEDs are slid up into insets in the tube and I was able to pull the board all the way out to get to them. I traced out the LEDs circuit but I have no clue where I put that info. I will just have to bite the bullet and do it again.... some day..When I do figure it out again I will share.. but the info will only be good on the same type of lamps
    Well darn, I must have bought some duds. Do you know who you bought yours from? The shame of it is, these came from a US seller who ahupped super fast.

~Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Well, finally got to the other house and found the pdf for the bubbler lights from some time ago!
    So here is an older method for making them I guess.
    That's the one I remember. I think that was a couple of PC's ago.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Well darn, I must have bought some duds. Do you know who you bought yours from? The shame of it is, these came from a US seller who ahupped super fast.

I think I listed everything I used in this thread somewhere..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast