Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: P10 Hookups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 Hookups

I have thought about it but I feel it's better hardwired and not have to worry about WiFi speeds and interference. Heck, I need to supply power anyway so another line isn't a big deal.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Yesterday the text I had on the panel was red. Booted up today and now it's blue. Which program should determine the color order, Vixen or FPP or should both match?

Post Thanks / Like

I think most prefer to set the color order in the controller so the sequencer is set to normal RGB order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMurdoch View Post
    I think most prefer to set the color order in the controller so the sequencer is set to normal RGB order.
    I had both Vixen and FPP set to rgb. The P10's are from DIYLEDExpress. The blue and green were backwards. I'll have to set everything back to rgb and set FPP to the appropriate setting. Does the test mode in FPP rely on the LED setting? If not, then I can use the test mode to see what the panels need and then change the LED setting in FPP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default P10 Hookups

Test mode colors in FPP relies on your start channels being set to start on a 'R' channel. The easiest way to check this is to see if the last channel number for a pixel is divisible by 3. Ie, 27 is good since 27 / 3 = 9, but 28 is not good since 28 / 3 = 9.33333333. If you follow this rule of thumb for the absolute start/end channels and you do color correction on the controller then if you turn on FPP test mode then all pixels should light the same color. XLights test mode works the same way.

If you use the above rule you should be able to set the LED panel output to RGB and then use the individual color sliders in FPP test mode to determine what color order your panels really are. I think a lot I have seen are BGR.
    Last edited by CaptainMurdoch; 01-15-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Covewi, tried replying to your message but it won't go through. Your message box is full.

Last edited by pmiller; 04-22-2017 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added text

Post Thanks / Like

Should be good now - thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

The Raspberry Pi 3 came today. I did a SD card format and installed the FFP software onto the SD card.
    Hooked up the HDMI output to a TV (with a cable and TV that are known to work) Powered up the Pi and NOTHING. No HDMI output.

I am using a wall wart with a USB cable to the micro connector on the PI.
    Any ideas of why there is no video output? i think the PS might be at 1.5 amps - will that cause a problem?

Has anyone had problems powering their Raspberry Pi using this this method via the P10 panels PS?
    To power via GPIO, you only need to connect 2 pins:

1.) Connect a 5V source to Pin #2 (5V)

2.) Connect the ground of that source to Pin #6 (GND).
    4.jpg
    Last edited by covewi; 05-07-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are the arrow markings on the rows for each output reversed?
    matrix.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The arrows will reverse because of the input and output of the panels. The Diagram is correct. If you put all of the arrows up, your cables would zig-zag to line up the in and out ports. Remember, when you get into FPP to setup the matrix you will tell the software which way the panels are oriented. The software will figure out how to send the data in the right order.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast