Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: newbie with a MEGA 2560 and VIXEN 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: newbie with a MEGA 2560 and VIXEN 3

Quote Originally Posted by LightUp View Post
    That's the beauty of software in that there are several ways of doing things.

If the Vixen sequence is truly ON-OFF then the byte is either 255 or 0. For this case the ~ does invert correctly. If Vixen is sending analog values then you are correct in that a test is required to make a decision, if the byte should be considered high or low. The ~ was a quick, "short and sweet", method to invert. However, the ~ actually inverts every bit of the byte so an analog byte will give a mix and not a true 255 or 0 value, except for the one case mentioned above.
    good to know
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Iím sorry to jump in Iím trying to sort out my light display I have arguing mega Iíve managed to put a sketch in witch light up my ss relays but when Iím trying to set up vixen I canít match the baud rate as the baud rate is different ones to device manager plz help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy123 View Post
    Hi Iím sorry to jump in Iím trying to sort out my light display I have arguing mega Iíve managed to put a sketch in witch light up my ss relays but when Iím trying to set up vixen I canít match the baud rate as the baud rate is different ones to device manager plz help
    Device manager? Windows DM is not involved in selecting a COM port baud rate. Are you sure you are configuring a com port running in generic serial mode? Why are you going with doing things the hard way? Use a sketch that supports the Renard protocol. It makes things much simpler.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy123 View Post
    Hi I’m sorry to jump in I’m trying to sort out my light display I have arguing mega I’ve managed to put a sketch in witch light up my ss relays but when I’m trying to set up vixen I can’t match the baud rate as the baud rate is different ones to device manager plz help
    If you can see the correct COM port in Vixen for your MEGA board's COM port then you can change the baudrate in Vixen in the Generic Serial section. Also, when running Vixen using the same COM port in Vixen as your MEGA board COM port you can't use the Serial Monitor due to creating a COM conflict. Remember to set the Vixen baudrate the same as the baudrate in your sketch for Vixen.
    Last edited by LightUp; 10-11-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345