Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building the Ultimate Mega tree pole/ flag pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Building the Ultimate Mega tree pole/ flag pole

Quote Originally Posted by focusedonsound View Post
    Sorry for the lack of update. I ended up purchasing a Superior Pole 1 http://www.tele-pole.com/flagpoles/superior-1-flagpole/...

Works very well thus far.
    That is where mine came from!

So what have you hung on it so far?

Post Thanks / Like

Currently have 24 incadescent mega strands (72 strands total) of red white and green lights. I also have a pixel Bethlehem star. I installed it back in May. We had some decent wind gusts. Right after I put the mega tree. And have had no issues. Lastly I did also add guide lines just as an added precaution. But with the pole being 4ft in the ground I don't think there will be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

That makes me a little more confident! Thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

just want to post an update. We had some pretty high winds today 50mph gusts 20 mph sustained winds. I have this pole guide lined and had no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by focusedonsound View Post
    just want to post an update. We had some pretty high winds today 50mph gusts 20 mph sustained winds. I have this pole guide lined and had no problems.
    I think we're talking about the same storm front I just had here in WV. I also had not issues. I have enough weigh that I need a friend to help me lift that last section up into place. But some guyed into place, it held well.

I was sweating it out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TravCam View Post
    So, lack of updates on this thread... I am moving forward with my 25' telescoping flag pole using a welded 16 hook tophat with a star on top.

I used small aircraft guy wires and zip tied a C9 LED every 6-7 inches. I plan to run on a renard 24.

I still have serious weight reservations with what I have made so far even though it is a higher end flagpole with thick gauge aluminum. I fear the weak points will be the pins that keep the sections vertical.

I seriously doubt it would hold a pixel setup... maybe after assembly later this week I will change my mind... time will tell.

I'll post some pictures and note my findings....
    I use a similar setup. 20ft alum. telescoping pole. I started with 16 cables with red, green, blue mini's next year I added white, next year I added 8 140ct spiraled (others are 100ct). When I added the 8 spiral I had to have the wife help me lift it. So I don't think you have a weight problem for the pole. Your right the pins are not good, the first season the holes in mine almost doubled in size. I went to home depot and got rubber pipe couplers that use 2 worm clamps. I slit them to wrap around each pole section (trimmed to fit pole). So the rubber pipe couplers hold the pole up and I don't use the pins at all. Your going to be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12