Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Soldering Irons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Soldering Irons

For $105 incl shipping this is my pick.
    I've done thousands of joints with mine and it works like new. Great selection of tips too.
    Weller WESD51. or the WES51 (digital readout vs. analog dial for temp)
    https://www.testequipmentdepot.com/w...waApSFEALw_wcB

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that some folks have had performance issues with Weller, including myself in the past. However, I was in a pinch 2 years ago when I had to make some quick last minute repairs and my solder station went kapoop. I thought I would go to the big box store and buy something relatively cheap to get me through until I could buy something better. I bought a Weller WPS18MP because thatís really all they had in the price range ~$30 I wanted to spend at the time. It looked as cheap as it was, but it turned out to be the best soldering pencil I ever have used. Heat up fast, is extremely portable (perfect for field repairs), tip replacement is as easy as swapping out a mini light and here I am year 3 still exited about using it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Weller that I picked up 2nd hand in 1982. I STILL use it regularly.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

The first soldering iron I learned to work was my father's soldering iron (by the way, he still works).

For some reason, I decided to order the second one from aliexpress. He broke down literally a week later. Now I use a normal soldering iron that my wife gave me. And recently I bought Spellbinders Platinum 6.0. This is a cool embossing machine.
    Last edited by daughterofgirl; 03-28-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637