Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 LOR CTB16PC controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 LOR CTB16PC controllers

So its working now... I have no idea why this worked but i uninstalled my 3.3 64bit version and installed the 3.3 32bit version and it instantly came up.

Post Thanks / Like

again, which windows version are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on changing from LOR S4 to Vixen and like you have a CTB16PC that I want to use along with an Alphapix 16. I'm running from a PC currently but I'm hoping to run from Pi next season. Everything works great with LOR software and a PC. Have you had any luck getting this to work?

Post Thanks / Like

Any update.. did you ever get the newer vixen to work with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Op sounds like same issue im having right now my old CB16PC box ive had for a yr now works fine i just did halloween with it but i just purchased another used one from a guy on facebook and it works perfect in the LOR hardware but vixen doesnt seem to be talking to it at all. dont know whats going on.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

in order to troubleshoot this, you need to break it down into each part and validate what is and isn't working.

First off, LOR speaks LOR protocol to the boxes, Vixen can only speak DMX. That "should" be invisible to you, but when things aren't working, it's important to know that just because it works from LOR, doesn't mean that it is ready to work with Vixen.

The LOR CTB16 boards have a status light. If it's blinking twice per second, it means it's booted and waiting for data. If it's on solid, it means it's receiving data. That means that the software is sending data, the dongle is working, and that the wiring is correct. What you don't know is if the data is valid, or in the right format, or contains data for this particular controller.

If your controller is getting data, and it's not responding. You'll want to make sure you have your configuration correct. That the box is addressed properly, and that your software is sending data for that box.

You can't have the LOR software and vixen software open at the same time. That will be a hardware conflict and only one, if either will work.

If LOR is talking to it but vixen is not, you'll want to check Vixen's log files and look for errors related to FT_DEVICE. IF you're getting those, let us know what they are and we'll do our best to help.

Here' the LOR DMX setup guide: http://www1.lightorama.com/Documents/DMX-DOC.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Yes i upgraded the firmware to 4.20 and now it works thanks

Maybe the firmware needs updating in the new box. it has Version 4.02
    I know my usb485 works cause if it didn't work my old box wouldn't work.
    just seems vixen refuses to talk with the new box.
    Last edited by Pcguy17; 11-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear. Just out of curiosity, where and when did you get this box with the older firmware? Iím just trying to get a feeling for when to suspect old firmware when seeing this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Go to your my documents and in the Vixen 3\logs folder post the error and info log files so we can see if there is a communication error. If Vixen is "refusing to talk to it" then there will be entries in there indicating the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Great to hear. Just out of curiosity, where and when did you get this box with the older firmware? Iím just trying to get a feeling for when to suspect old firmware when seeing this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A guy on Facebook LOR group had two of them I got one.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
    FB @ langleylights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast