Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New features for next years development cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New features for next years development cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmschleich View Post
    I've submitted several since seeing this thread. Justed wanted to clarify that I'm assuming this is not considered a nuisance given the public request.
    It's not a nuisance at all. We're always open to input and ideas. And as you mentioned, we asked for it. That's how this software got as good as it is. This thread was started so that we could openly see what is most important to most people.

In a few weeks (once I'm done sequencing my own show) I usually spend a day or two going thru all of the open bugs and seeing if they are still relevant, and going thru feature requests and sorting and prioritizing them. If you haven't yet created the requests at bugs.vixenlights.com, we'll probably do it using this thread as a source. But the benefit of doing it yourself is that you'll get updates to the tickets as they progress.

Understand that we often will consider a bunch of related ideas together and apply them within a big picture plan. Some requests may not be implemented exactly as requested because there may be a better way to get to the end result, or something other work makes it no longer relevant. And some simply can't be done right for one reason or another. Don't get offended if a ticket gets closed or postponed, or bulked into a bigger work. Requests do get prioritized. There's only a few developers and only so much time to work on it. Some requests even take a few years for us to get around to.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see an easier way to share sequences. I think it would be awesome to have a vibrant community of shared sequences which could be used as starting points for new displays. Each year, I never seem to have enough time to do all my sequences. Having some starting points would be extremely helpful.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Vixen3 running a Renard controller to an SSR connected to a Toaster, setting can be set using Command Controller (option SLOW for darker toast)....

For Pete's sake, dont try it...

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    I keep waiting for a toaster/coffeemaker function but everybody just ignores me. It's okay. I'm used to it.

To the whole V3 dev team: Keep up the great work! You're making a sequencer you should be very, very proud of!
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

Not all pixel strings are MegaTrees or Starbursts.. Add an Arch/Pixel String to the pre-build elements.
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

We have arches already. They've been in my preview for 3 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Request: Effects that snap to audio beat. Example, the Alternating effect could easily set the interval to match the beat once the beat/Bar Detection is run on associated audio.
    Could work for other effects as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just got my wife doing some sequences, after 3 years, and she has a request. To be able to select an item, in this case the eyes on a singing face, and be able to change the whole colour.
    While i suggested she select the whole time of the sequence and change colour, she said it won't do it if there is a fade in there as well.

I have also noticed a bug in the setup preview section. If you zoom in on the preview to make some changes to some of the smaller items, then zoom back out and save, when you go back to the sequence, all of the items are in the zoomed in position.
    The work around is just to close the programme and reopen it.

Another request would be a spiral in the setup preview. I know a lot of people are using them now and they are almost impossible to draw, so the preview leaves a lot to the imagination when sequencing.

Also I don't know how hard it is to make preview smart objects, but a singing face would be awesome. My feeble attempt is far from ideal :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scamper View Post
    If you zoom in on the preview to make some changes to some of the smaller items, then zoom back out and save, when you go back to the sequence, all of the items are in the zoomed in position.
    The work around is just to close the programme and reopen it.
    I can confirm this.
    [url]www.billporter.info[/url]
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 [url="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3WRF86Nfv099UZahf___A7i"]Halloween: 2500 Channels;[/url] 3 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3VVfgwM0nxDebdwI__rQZ9Z"]Christmas: 4500 Channels[/URL]; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3UKHXDhmKhdheaJBOFgJ5IL"]Halloween: 6500 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3Uk21zJ3QHeHEMe1XzJOTSr"]Christmas: 11,000 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scamper View Post
    I have just got my wife doing some sequences, after 3 years, and she has a request. To be able to select an item, in this case the eyes on a singing face, and be able to change the whole colour.
    While i suggested she select the whole time of the sequence and change colour, she said it won't do it if there is a fade in there as well.
    On eyes I suspect you are using a combination of set level or pulse effects. You can select the entire row by clicking on the row name turning the row outline blue. Then drag a color from the color palette onto one of the Set Level and it will change all the set level. Then repeat with dragging it onto the pulse. That takes two steps, but will change the color on all effects in the row if they are just set level and pulse.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if there is a way to do this or not but I haven't found one. Is there a way to edit an element once it is created? For example, if you don't have an element built and don't know how many pixels it is going to consist of, can you create and element and start sequencing and then once you know how many pixels it is go into the element and change it. Or if you added to an element from a previous year, edit the element for the new pixel count without having to create a new element and copy and past in all sequences from the old element.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast