Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New features for next years development cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New features for next years development cycle.

I keep waiting for a toaster/coffeemaker function but everybody just ignores me. It's okay. I'm used to it.

To the whole V3 dev team: Keep up the great work! You're making a sequencer you should be very, very proud of!

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=madsci1016;444115]
    And I'd like to see some effects improved, IE unchecking 'random meteor position' in my mind should mean meteors always start at the top, but they don't.
    QUOTE]

When unchecked any new Meteors will start at the top, its only the initial start that the Meteors will start in a random position, basically the reason its like that is because that's how I wanted it when I did the code for it. I can add another option to satisfy both camps. Raise a ticket for it.

Also if you have suggestions for improving any of the effects then just raise a ticket and if it passes Jeff/Jon then I can look at it for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

What you folks have done is amazing!

The only thing I would like to see at this point is more whole house effects. Not necessarily creating new effects, just modify the current ones to work on a whole house model.

4. Likes pixelpuppy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be nice to include a video window in the sequencer. I'm using FPPs to play video and it would be nice to be able to watch the video and hear the audio while sequencing. I acknowlage that there are video effects now but they require pixel elements. It would be nice to have a relocatable 'screen' to watch as we sequence.
    Visit us on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/calleenriquechristmas"]Facebook[/URL]

6. Likes jchuchla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to click on an effect and add a mark at the beginning of that effect. When I'm changing sequences from one year to the next, sometimes I like to shift the element group for the effect or add additional effects that all line up. I know I can use the alignment tool, but I find it easier to add a mark and then just snap the new or moved effects to that mark.
    I would like to see a few more options on the wipe effect. Something like 'extend pulse to the end/start' in the chase effect. I like to wipe the lights on, but not have them turn off with the wipe or have them all turn on and wipe off. I do this now by layering a pulse effect, but it takes some tweaking to get the timing right.
    Thanks for a great piece of software!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holtm View Post
    I would like to click on an effect and add a mark at the beginning of that effect. When I'm changing sequences from one year to the next, sometimes I like to shift the element group for the effect or add additional effects that all line up. I know I can use the alignment tool, but I find it easier to add a mark and then just snap the new or moved effects to that mark.
    I would like to see a few more options on the wipe effect. Something like 'extend pulse to the end/start' in the chase effect. I like to wipe the lights on, but not have them turn off with the wipe or have them all turn on and wipe off. I do this now by layering a pulse effect, but it takes some tweaking to get the timing right.
    Thanks for a great piece of software!
    Write both of these up at bugs.vixenlights.com. I know the extend pulse on the wipe is on my list and the feature ticket will help me prioritize it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Vixen be able to tell my dad his song suggestions are horrific.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Write both of these up at bugs.vixenlights.com. I know the extend pulse on the wipe is on my list and the feature ticket will help me prioritize it.
    I've submitted several since seeing this thread. Justed wanted to clarify that I'm assuming this is not considered a nuisance given the public request.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been a previous issue, my apologies if so as I haven't seen it. As to your original post about work-arounds, I have experienced regular export failures when exporting to FPP. The sequence ends up missing several elements when I run it in FPP. My work around is that when I do an export, I do it on a freshly opened copy of Vixen. If I have multiple exports from a change I make in my display, I have to shut down Vixen and start it again after each export to get a clean export each time. If I export a sequence and then open and export another sequence without closing Vixen in between, I can actually watch the failure happen in the export progress bar. It gets part way through, and then Whoosh! It zips to the end of the progress bar and completes. It looks like I am using version 3.2u1 build #137

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dpdigital View Post
    Not sure if this has been a previous issue, my apologies if so as I haven't seen it. As to your original post about work-arounds, I have experienced regular export failures when exporting to FPP. The sequence ends up missing several elements when I run it in FPP. My work around is that when I do an export, I do it on a freshly opened copy of Vixen. If I have multiple exports from a change I make in my display, I have to shut down Vixen and start it again after each export to get a clean export each time. If I export a sequence and then open and export another sequence without closing Vixen in between, I can actually watch the failure happen in the export progress bar. It gets part way through, and then Whoosh! It zips to the end of the progress bar and completes. It looks like I am using version 3.2u1 build #137
    There were some issues in that older version with that very problem. Those have been fixed since then and should not be an issue in the current version. I exported all of mine in a single session.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast