Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Love some of these features, not the least of which is "daisy-chain" networking.

When i converted my show from old LOR AC controllers (daisy-chained) to pixels, I found myself running a LOT of "parallel" cat6 because I like to use multiple controllers close to the elements (rather than 1 big 16 or 32 output controller).

So, Id LOVE to see a version for the more compact 4-output controllers too with this feature! :-)

2. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to two individuals that have acquired and tested my board, they helped identify an issue that I just fixed.

Make sure you start the board with a live Internet connection and your software will be updated.

Thanks.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,
    Hooking mine up this week/weekend. Other then just going through the usually routine to control my pixels anything else that we can do to help test it?

Post Thanks / Like

Just keep good notes on what you do so if you have an issue, I can reproduce it.

Thanks.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Had a chance to get it plugged in and played around with it. Really easy to setup and I love the auto-update feature. Next step is to configure it behind the pi running fpp and give it a go in standalone mode.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe just a question on the auto-update for future. I assume it is pretty safe to say that any auto-update should never effect the information stored already in terms of output/channel setups and configs? My only concern since it auto-updates whenever powered on that some future update may 'break' what we have setup. Doubt this would be the case but just wanted to check or suggest a way to turn off auto-update and make it user selectable.

Post Thanks / Like

The Auto-Update is there for the non-technical user --- NOT the users on this site.

I will provide a means for suppressing Auto-Update in the future.

All your update info is saved to an EE device that is NOT touched with any software update except (separate EE). User info uses the same EE as Web Page data. The board has 2 EE devices.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I just update new software and web pages.

SW fix -- if a E131 Translation universe was other than the same as the Index (index 1 - universe 1) --- if you had (index 1 - universe 80) -- the code got confused -- fixed SWV 17.
    Correct way to specify that universe 80 is your FIRST universe is index 1 - universe 80.

Web Page Fix -- I had always intended that a Port Segment could have segments with different RGB options -- this one, WEB 6, has that implemented - the initial release would not let you have different RGB options for each segment.

I have added a unique timing protocol for WS2812B - that matches the specification insted of using the 2811 protocol.

Rich (agnus40) is having issues with his WS2812B -- I can't duplicate his issue. If you have a WS2812B string -- please run a test on it --- select WS2811 or WS2812 -- see how it works -- then select WS2812B and compare.

I'll personally will have a WS2812B string in January to test with -- until then I was hoping to clear my last issue by end of year if anyone could help.

Thanks.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,
    When will we get the feedback form for Holidaycoro? So far completely love the board. Not doing anything taxing or complicated but really like how simple it is. Can't wait until I expand my pixels next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccrowder View Post
    Joe,
    When will we get the feedback form for Holidaycoro? So far completely love the board. Not doing anything taxing or complicated but really like how simple it is. Can't wait until I expand my pixels next year.
    The feedback form will be out in a few days to all customers who have completed a purchase with refunds to follow.

While this controller will continue to be for sale until pre-production units are sold out, additional feedback discounts are no longer being offered on this controller.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast