Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Beta boards are now available at HolidayCoro - link below.

HinksPix16 is a full featured 16 port pixel controller:

The controller will support up to 6 Universes per output port - that's 1024 pixels per port or 16,384 pixels with maximum configuration (49,152 channels).

Each port will support a different string protocol (exception: when using TLS3001 - 4 ports must be dedicated to this string type).

Each port will support segmenting the associated string into 9 segments where each segment can identify a different configuration of: NULL pixels, RGB color selection, Zig-Zag, Brightness, and Gamma.

The following Pixel String types are currently supported (Note: If you use a string not identified below - PM me about sending me a string and it will be returned once I have added it to the controller's capability).
    • WS2811
    • WS2812
    • WS2812B
    • WS2801
    • TLS3001
    • APA102

The HinPix16 supports TWO Ethernet Jacks for daisy chaining your CAT5 network cable from controller to controller (no need to use an external switch)

The HinksPix16 has wireless capability to be used for configuration and control (the initial software release does NOT utilize this capability but will be enabled shortly)

The HixksPix16 has an on-board SD card and Audio processor which will be used as a Stand-Alone Sequence Player in the future (capability not enabled this release and may require an additional cost in the future to utilize)

The HinksPix16 supports one RS485 port. This supports 1 full Universe or 512 channels. (update - 11/21/16/ -- will be included in initial release)

The HinksPix16 supports one external Trigger input. The Trigger input can be configured to send a UDP message upon being activated (the initial software release does NOT utilize this capability but will be enabled shortly)

The controller has been bench tested driving WS2811 and TLS3001 stings up to it's maximum capability of 96 Universes.

The controller is configured via an internal Web Server that can be accessed from a Browser on a desktop computer or tablet.

Software is automatically updated via the Internet when new versions are released. No external hardware required.

The Pre-Production HinksPix16 sells for $189.99 (149.99 after refund - see below). Product ships as of November 21, 2016.

This Beta - Pre-Production - release will provide a $40 refund if the board is purchased, used/tested in a real-life implementation, and a detailed feedback form is filled out and submitted to HolidayCoro by Dec 31, 2016. We are asking for your feedback and working with us to discover any software issues that have not been identified in development.

This Pre-Production release of the HinksPix16 does not have the OLED display or CPU board secured down with screws. The production board will.

I will be posting a video on how the controller is configured later today.

Customer support for this Beta release is via HolidayCoro - your incoming phone call will be directed to me.

I welcome any comments you would like to share.

Joe

http://www.holidaycoro.com/HinksPix-...p/615-pre1.htm

HinksPix16.jpg

Video - How to Configure the HinksPix16

Technical Overview of the HinksPix16 board

Last edited by JHinkle; 11-21-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Noted RS485 Available initial release
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HinksPix16 - Beta Release of NEW 16 port Pixel Controller

Congratulations on the Board Joe! Looks like a winner!
    Love the naming!
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, i hope it is a great success for you!

Short and badly typed since written from my phone...
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

looking at features you are going too get implemented a lot of people will like these features
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a lot of features. What features will the F16-V3 have ........LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of features. What features will the F16-V3 have ........LOL
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Joe . Your controller will compliment your Sequencer .

With your controllers stand alone feature and your HLS sequencer , you have created a excellent complete package .

Your endless support with HLS further accredits your controller .

I am looking forward to replacing all my San Devices with the Hinkspix controllers .

Thank you for continuing to advance lighting control .

Post Thanks / Like

I've added a Training Video - see post #1

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just getting started in LED / RGB decorating this year and was eyeing the Falcon F16v2 and this looks like it going to be an even more feature-filled controller than that!

Even though this is a beta product, would you recommend this for a first-timer? I'm a tinkerer and pretty comfortable around electronics projects.

Post Thanks / Like

The Falcon is a very good controller, I would recommend it highly.

My Beta board - released as of today - provides the same capabilities as the Falcon.

My board is designed and has the associated hardware to support additional capabilities which I have NOT engaged because I want to lock down and fully field test the basic "Pixel Controls" first -- we are late in the season.

Much of the software associated with the additional features has already been written and tested -- again -- I am just releasing the "Pixel Control" capability so the board can be evaluated and compared to other controllers.

This board is NOT designed, nor will it be released, as a board that needs to be assembled. It comes fully assembled and ready to use. Software updates are automatic. One of its design objectives was ease of use.

Whether you choose the Falcon or this board, either board is very good for a first time user getting into this hobby.

Joe

11. Likes TazChaLet, Robo liked this post
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast