Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPixelstick and FPP setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelstick and FPP setup

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    . Is it the only way to do it? My controllers are already all setup, would prefer not to undo what I have already done. thanks again for the help.
    You do not need to adjust what is there, just set-up FPP by the channels you exported.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. I'll try again and let you know this weekend when I have time to work on it again.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read something over on FalconChristmas (FPP Site)
    Typical for Unicast setups:......If you have any universes that have nothing using them, then you will have issues regardless.....
    You will need to unclick the universe active button if the controller isn't there to acknowledge data. I don't think you need lights connected, just an active controller.

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/ind....html#msg60591
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 11-16-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I glanced once in while at the FalconChristmas site but don't follow what is going on there so I appreciate the additional info!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am at a lost here, can't figure out the configuration right.
    In FPP, using the test functions the lights work fine but when trying an imported sequence, it does not work. tried a bunch of config but obviously not the right one. What is it that I am missing?
    I added a screenshot of the vixen export screen to complement the screenshots in my earlier post if it helps.
    Suggestions would be welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

vixen export 01.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will help. the attachment is how my screens relate. your starting addresses an issue....may be others but this is a start.
    Also, try unclicking all universes, except one, and work on that one only. Once working, expand to the next universe.
    Only click on those that have a active controller attached.

Hope this gets you some lights.....
    my_screens copy.jpg
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mrGrumpy for your help and for the attachment provided, it is really helpful.
    Unfortunately I only had a few minutes to play with the PI and I am getting closer but i am still having some mapping issues. I will let you know the progress but it is going to be a few days at best before I can spend time on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm having similar issues. It has everything to do with mapping. Just running a table top setup with Xlights, Falcon F4V3 and a PixelStick device. I've reduced it to two strings, one driven from the Falcon, the other driven from the PixelStick. Within Xlights, it works as expected with the proper sequence on each device. But when I try to drive it from FPP, the stick behaves erratically. Strange thing is other sequences from earlier experiments work kinda ok. Its all in the mapping I think.
    Attached the Xlights setup, FPP and stickFalcon setup.jpgstick.jpgxlights setup.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely mapping. You have 510 universe boundaries in FPP but 512 in the ESP. And your start and end channels for FPP universes don't look correct. Compare them to the channels inside the brackets in the third picture.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished struggling with the unmatched universe boundary problem myself. Took me a while, but the previous page triggered something that cause me to see that was my problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12