Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94

Thread: P10 Matrix

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by lightsonmontague View Post
    Mines 20 panels 5h/4w a pi2 will not run my panels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I seriously considering P10 for next year. I love yours. Your size is about 50 inches wide and 32 inches high. I'm thinking slightly smaller, maybe 12 panels making it 38 inches wide and 25 inches high. I'll make my mind up when ordering from DIYLEDEXPRESS. I noticed someone mentioned matrix panel and you said Ron's. Exactly what are you referring too? I can't get much info on the step by step on Falcon because the link to P10's seems be be down. I already have a Pi2 but I have a Pi3 on order. Should be here Wednesday. Can I ask, what exactly do I need to get as far as hardware is concerned and can I use Vixen 3 to sequence? I plan mostly just using it for text. Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    are your P10 panels form DIYLEDEXpress.com? if they are, Are they Full color? do you have any specs about refresh rate? i emailed them but no response yet
    Thank you

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    I got mine at DIYLEDExpress for a 4x4 plus 2 extra. I do believe theirs are 1/8 scan and are full color. See post #12 in this thread.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Btw, I run mine FPP using a Pi3 and Ron's matrix adaptor and one 5 volt power supply.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lombard, IL
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Try looking at this thread. It was a great help.

    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...P10-help-guide

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    1,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Try looking at this thread. It was a great help.

    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...P10-help-guide
    I've run into this before. I get a "404 link does not exist" error.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Close to Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    Try looking at this thread. It was a great help.

    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...P10-help-guide
    According to the thread you linked you do *not* need a Pi 3 to run your non-standard P10 matrix if you *do* have the BB (black or green) device. I'm hoping this is true as I ordered a P10 panel set (4x3) from DIYLEDExpress during their pre-sale.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plymouth, MN
    Posts
    8,708
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    FWIW, here's a how-to for making a matrix using the Octoscroller and the BeagleBone....

    http://www.diychristmas.org/wiki/ind...Matrix_Display
    diychristmas.org

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Folsom, CA, USA
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    According to the thread you linked you do *not* need a Pi 3 to run your non-standard P10 matrix if you *do* have the BB (black or green) device. I'm hoping this is true as I ordered a P10 panel set (4x3) from DIYLEDExpress during their pre-sale.
    Yes,BeagleBones work very well, but you'll need an Octoscroller Cape to connect the P10's

    DIYLEDEXPRESS
    Octoscroller Cape
    http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.p...roducts_id=458
    Octoscroller Cape Kit
    http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.p...roducts_id=459


    Renard Plus Shop
    Octoscroller Cape Kit or Board Only:
    http://renard-shop.com/14-other-boards
    In Lights Therapy...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Close to Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: P10 Matrix

    Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Yes,BeagleBones work very well, but you'll need an Octoscroller Cape to connect the P10's

    DIYLEDEXPRESS
    Octoscroller Cape
    http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.p...roducts_id=458
    Octoscroller Cape Kit
    http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.p...roducts_id=459


    Renard Plus Shop
    Octoscroller Cape Kit or Board Only:
    http://renard-shop.com/14-other-boards
    Yes, all that comes in the P10 matrix kit on DIYLEDExpress. I guess my comment should have been more of a question - sorry if I made things confusing. I guess this response tells me that you can indeed set up both FPP and xLights/Nutcracker to run your display matrix:
    Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    FWIW, here's a how-to for making a matrix using the Octoscroller and the BeagleBone....

    http://www.diychristmas.org/wiki/ind...Matrix_Display

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •