Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Falcon F16V2 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Falcon F16V2 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

They're not running in line, that is parallel wiring. Like E said, use the correct cable and you're fine. Dual power supplies maxed out is 700 watts which is roughly 9.5 amps factoring in efficiency. Almost every grounded power cord rated for 120v will do 10 amps minimum.

Louie

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Falcon F16V2 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

I'm curious as well. You just put a wire between the posts on both PS? I can't figure out how you would even do it as series wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It is parallel wiring but the terminals and wiring to the first PS need to be sized for both loads as the current for both will run through that connection. If the connections were made exterior to the first PS, the feeder cables could be sized for one PS. It is safe the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4lights View Post
    Dual power supplies maxed out is 700 watts which is roughly 9.5 amps factoring in efficiency. Almost every grounded power cord rated for 120v will do 10 amps minimum.
    Not to thread hijack but I'm struggling to understand the math on this. How would I calculate the amperage for 120v for two 350W power supplies for 5v?

To the OP, I'm jealous of your enclosure box. Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like the build! I have to post some pictures of my builds from this year using MTM ammo crates, i think i like them more...

2 x 350W oower supplies = 700W

The efficiency of those power supplies is around 75%, so that means that the power supplies would draw roughly 700W / 0.75 at max load, which is 933 watts. You are powering the power supplies with 120V power, so 933W / 120V is around 8 amps...

Louie

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

7. Thanks L1011 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12