Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Setup Time Line/Am I Behind?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Setup Time Line/Am I Behind?

It is not a problem, you can get that done
    Didn't pay for a sig

Post Thanks / Like

I also have to wire my GFCI outlets and build a small shelf in my basement to hold my laptop and FM transmitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Rofl! Thats what I do when I sleep. I keep a notepad and pencil on my nightstand for when I get one of those ideas. I can quick sketch it before I loose the idea.
    Lol had one of those moments other morning, normally I'm up at 5a on a work day, it wasn't much past 4a when I found myself wide awake with Halloween on the brain (been building a lot of props recently)
    -Wife-certified nerd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Protege94 View Post
    I am wondering what everyones setup time frame looks like? Are all your 2016 sequences finished? Are all your 2016 projects completed? Have you already started putting things out?

I have what to me is a LONG list of things to get done between now and Thanksgiving. I am starting to stress as I dont think I will get my sequences done and all my light projects completed. I am also completely gutting my kitchen so my time is mostly going there but I hope to have that done by mid October and then I can make a HUGE push from then to Thanksgiving to get everything completed.
    I'm in your boat and feeling exactly. I have neighbors coming by saying "starting in September!?!?", to which I answer, I started in February and feel out of time. And I intend to do hyped-detailed sequences. I've started taking some Fridays off.

However this is indicative of people who plan and understand the reality of tasks. No time for optimism, I'll relax and polish the knobs if I finish early (no chance). Keep at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    youtu.be/nBL9qYPaXwQ

Post Thanks / Like

My first year and I am feeling way behind but catching up. Little and big arches done, singing trees and mini trees done. Magatree done, still to build gutter lights, tree star and a couple wreaths for this year to start out with. One of minimum 6 songs sequenced! OMG Thanksgiving is coming quick to set up. Thank God for Texas weather in November!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I made over 500' of extension cords yesterday. I will need probably about another 500' to cross that off my list. I could probably have used way less cord but I am running the cords so they are some what organized and hidden.

I will be out of town 5 days next week so unfortunately what I dont get done this weekend will get pushed another week.

69 days until Thanksgiving guys!

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm no longer behind. Unless I win the lottery financial obligations have put a nix on it this year. So now I can plan better for next year I guess. Apparently my allotted monies need to be redirected to adult things. Lol

Sucks.

But at least no half (you know what) building. I can take more time to learn xlights and power injection. I just have to remember when all of the group buys etc next take place so I can plan accordingly. 😆
    Dean
    [url]www.brooksfamilylights.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving? I am more worried its mere weeks until HALLOWEEN!

9. Likes codec101 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Thanksgiving? I am more worried its mere weeks until HALLOWEEN!
    I skip over Halloween like its National Car Wash Day. haha

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and her mother decided to go and order new cabinets and counter tops for our kitchen......So now all my free time goes to ripping apart the kitchen (which I had not planned on doing)

Sadly I have a feeling that I wont even be able to have any lights up this year. I planned on devoting all my free time to sequence editing and display building between now and Thanksgiving. But that wont happen, with work and unplanned house projects that leaves no substantial amount of time for me to get the display completed.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast