Thread: How do I play sequences , then dead time

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I play sequences , then dead time

I want to play a sequence, wait a minute or 2 and then play another.
    I can't find where anybody talks about this.
    Help me please.
    Thanks in advance
    Dennis
    Jesus is the Reason....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do I play sequences , then dead time

The easiest way would to make a blank one-two minute sequence and put it in the program.
    Bob
    ----
    I love the smell of solder flux in the morning....smells like Christmas magic...[URL="http://photobucket.com/setup-2008"]Set up Done!![/URL] [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/rlilly/videos"]Showtime!![/URL]
    (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true) Ephesians5:9

Pacifica, Calif (30mins from downtown San Francisco)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I actually think there are three or four ways to accomplish this, none particularly hard:

*As Bob suggested, just build a blank sequence and insert it into your program.

*Use the "second(s) of cross-fade between sequences" in Program Management window (center pane, at the bottom).

*In any given sequence, go to the Audio window and click off "Size sequence to audio." Then, in the "Sequence time (mm:ss)" toolbar, change the length of the sequence. It adds the "dead air" at the end of the sequence.

*Before I knew about the cross-fade feature or the ability to lengthen sequences, I added a couple of seconds of "dead air" on the end of all of my audio files so that I knew nothing would bump up against each other. (I use a Mac audio program called Amadeus, but there is always the cross-platform, open source and free Audacity.)

There are probably other ways too.

\dmc

Post Thanks / Like

I generally use 3 to 5 seconds lead in, and lead out when I'm preparing the music.
    This seems to be enough time for the dust to settle between songs.

During the 3 to 5 seconds 'dead air', I flash one light once quickly just so I know there is another one coming and the system didn't stop or lock up.