Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P10 help guide

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 help guide

Quote Originally Posted by dyizhere View Post
    Bridge mode fixed it. Is bridge the proper mode to run the slave for the P10 while using the main Pi set to master that runs all the 2811 pixels? I'll have to read up on that and do some testing. Thanks for the help!
    If you are running FPP Master Pi with another Pi running the P10 panels then you want to use FPP MultiSync with the Master Pi set to 'Master' and the p10 Pi set to 'Remote'. After setting the P10 Pi to Remote mode, go to the MultiSync page on the master and check the checkbox beside the P10 Pi's hostname. Use the 'sync' button to sync your sequences from the Master to Remote automatically. Then, whenever the master plays a sequence, the remote will play the same sequence. This eliminates the E1.31 traffic over the network, only small sync packets are sent about once per second from master to remote.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect, Thanks Captain! I will give that a shot. I was wondering if I had to send sequences to both. You saved me a bunch of time and headaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Does that mean bridge while running from Vixen and remote during the show when the PIs take over as players?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightsonmontague View Post
    Yes

Thanks! Troubleshooting a new issue now. All black is now white haha. Wasn't that way last night???

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can run in bridge mode while testing and switch to master/remote for show time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some more inquiries on this...

sequencing can be done in either xlights or vixen 3... both can do the matrix though if your running a higher channel count you may want to opt for xlights as vixen 3 has a hard time with channel counts over 50k...

when you enable the matrix (if your running a pi) the onboard sound is disabled due to the pwm that would have ran the onboard sound being pulled up to drive the p10 matrix... if your running a beagle bone they have no onboard sound... either way the solution if your wanting sound at the board in the matrix... attach a usb sound card they are inexpensive from amazon and there are several that say they work with raspberry pi and beaglebones... (most are under 10 dollars)

an option for building this that i did not include in the guide ... this will eliminate the need to sequence this as it will accept only a video input are the linsn boards, once again found on amazon and such they are about 120 usd for the transmitter board and 80ish for the reciever board... the transmitter board does not have to be in a computer to function even though it does have the pci interface at the bottom of the board... it can be powered from the usb socket and the video feed can be hdmi or dvi , the output of the transmitter is via cat5 so the transmitter board can be outside the p10 display... the reciever board is much like the boards that fit on the pi or beagle bone... only they can make a much larger display. (i do belive its 40 panels per output on the display board and there is 10 outputs). The biggest difference between them is that the pi/bbb use channels to control the panels (larger displays this can reach staggering amounts my 6x6 is over 55k channels) where as the linsn board approach its a video file. Keep in mind that xlights does have the ability to sequence a model (your grid) and then you can export a video file of the model.

as far as how to run the panels in your display if you have the pi/bbb with fpp then you have a scheduler built in. Chis and the entire falcon team there have done an amazing job of making sure they support a wide array of controllers, lor and other dmx capapble boards ran off dmx, renard is supported, and of course e1.31. all these outputs are still available even while running the matrix. If you already have your show being ran from a fpp you then can put the matrix as a slave to the orriginal fpp. You will need the .fseq file uploaded to the fpp in the matrix, though you can run it bridge mode as they do for testing (though thats a lot of traffic on the network) the linsn board method just requires you to output the video to the transmitter board your show control is no different from the previous years.
    Last edited by Rob Baldwin 12; 11-13-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is awesome for those of us that haven't had a chance to understand what is entailed in getting a P10 matrix set up. Thank you for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Ran into a slight issue while getting a 5x5 P10 matrix set up in FPP. For some reason the bottom row of P10 panels will not light up. Thought it was a bad cable or panel, however setting the matrix to a 5x6 and giving the "ghost row" panel numbers p6-p10 allowed the last row to test in FPP. I am also having the problems of the wrong colors displaying during sequences... reds are showing as blues... guessing an RGB setting missed somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I copied the layout on this thread exactly but not getting any love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davedecali View Post
    Ran into a slight issue while getting a 5x5 P10 matrix set up in FPP. For some reason the bottom row of P10 panels will not light up. Thought it was a bad cable or panel, however setting the matrix to a 5x6 and giving the "ghost row" panel numbers p6-p10 allowed the last row to test in FPP. I am also having the problems of the wrong colors displaying during sequences... reds are showing as blues... guessing an RGB setting missed somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I copied the layout on this thread exactly but not getting any love.

Try unplugging your connections to all P10's and plug them back in. I was having an issue with the first panel in the 3rd row and I replaced the panel and it ended up being a bad connection. I made sure I seated all connections and haven't an an issue since then.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast