Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pixel jig for Boscoyo mounting strips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel jig for Boscoyo mounting strips

Same here! Thank you

2. Thanks didjareally thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

rc'd mine and very happy, should have ordered another couple of spacers just because it could speed up putting in lots of pixels to be able to set up for 10 or more at one whack vs moving. I have a fair number of pixels to push into coro items from James, those pushers will save my thumb nicely!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update for those still waiting on orders, this week has been setback after setback. Monday after work I had a car turn in front of me, when I slammed on the brakes I blew a brake line and lost all brakes, luckily avoided hitting anything but had to deal with leaving my truck for the night. Tuesday after work I spent replacing the brake line (of course it was the main line from abs to rear of truck, PITA). Wednesday after work I had a guy run a stop sign and t bone me in the driver's side of my bed, bad week for my poor truck. No injuries in any of this and nothing all that major overall, however it has cost me print time and am behind where I had planned on being. I will have several orders being mailed out tomorrow and will mail out whatever I can by saturday morning before the holiday weekend. I should still be able to have everyone that has currently ordered ready to ship by tuesday when the post offices open back up. Thanks again everyone and I apologize for the delay.

Post Thanks / Like

All orders have been caught up and packaged, if you have not received your tracking information yet then your order will be shipped out Tuesday. There are 2 people that have not sent payment yet, I will send reminders to those people in a few days if I havent received payment at that time. If you do not have shipping information by Tuesday night then please send me a message, I dont think I have missed anyone but you never know. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I received an email last week from someone who had purchased a pixel jig set (2 actually), he said he had some issues with the nubs that hold the strips in place breaking off. I have not heard from anyone else having issues, however I did feel a need to change the design to prevent this in the future. First off, the person that emailed me was able to modify his to make it stronger by drilling out where the nubs were, tapping the hole, and putting in a 8-32 screw. He said it was a bit too big and had to grind on it some, he recommended using a 6-32 screw instead.

20160926_064127.jpg

20160926_064139.jpg

Here is the revised design, instead of nubs there are 3mm x 10mm steel pins that I ordered from Grainger. The pins are then pressed in once the print is finished. The pins fit the strips tighter than the nubs but will hold up much better. Also after some experimenting, I have found that there are some variations in the size of the holes on the boscoyo strips, some are smaller than others.

IMG_20161001_183814_668.jpg

Any future orders will be using the 2nd design, due to the increase in cost to make from the pins, the new price for the whole set will be $18.00 shipped to the conus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by didjareally View Post
    Could you perhaps add it to the doityourselfchristmas thingiverse group?

The group is called:
    "DIY Holiday Decoration and Props"

http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/diy-christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deonb View Post
    Could you perhaps add it to the doityourselfchristmas thingiverse group?

The group is called:
    "DIY Holiday Decoration and Props"

http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/diy-christmas

Done, strange I always select to add them to the group when I upload them, but doesnt appear they have been making it into the group

Post Thanks / Like

I received an email last week from someone who had purchased a pixel jig set (2 actually), he said he had some issues with the nubs that hold the strips in place breaking off. I have not heard from anyone else having issues, however I did feel a need to change the design to prevent this in the future. First off, the person that emailed me was able to modify his to make it stronger by drilling out where the nubs were, tapping the hole, and putting in a 8-32 screw. He said it was a bit too big and had to grind on it some, he recommended using a 6-32 screw instead.

20160926_064127.jpg

20160926_064139.jpg

Here is the revised design, instead of nubs there are 3mm x 10mm steel pins that I ordered from Grainger. The pins are then pressed in once the print is finished. The pins fit the strips tighter than the nubs but will hold up much better. Also after some experimenting, I have found that there are some variations in the size of the holes on the boscoyo strips, some are smaller than others.

Any future orders will be using the 2nd design, due to the increase in cost to make from the pins, the new price for the whole set will be $18.00 shipped to the conus.

Are the sets still available for purchase?

Thanks!
    [HR][/HR]
    [COLOR="#008000"]"And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

So... any offer of a deal to those of us with the older design? Like just the base plate with the new pins?

20160926_064127.jpg

20160926_064139.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeSizes View Post
    Are the sets still available for purchase?

Thanks!

yes they are

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast