Thread: Window Material and Video Distribution

Post Thanks / Like

Default Window Material and Video Distribution

Looking for some help from all you smart experienced peeps.

I did some projection last year on 2 windows and we used Gilla film from Lowes which worked great. However removing it was a pain and i ended up in the ER after slicing my finger open. So looking for something that is more of a static cling projection film for both Front and Rear projection as i am planning to expand my Halloween display this year. I have looked all over the place for this but cant really tell what is good or not. Anyone have any suggestions for something that till work really well and is reusable and easy to cut to size?

Also im really looking for some sort of Media distribution device that i can send video to and on a schedule. So for example i am planning on doing the signing pumpkins so when they are singing i want to send that sound to the audio output but not sound from any of the other files that are also being projected at the same time. Then switch to maybe one of the windows to have sound and the pumpkins just showing up but no audio. Plus would love to be able to schedule these files to show up on the windows i want at the right times and maybe even some trigger implementation. Any ideas if something like this exists?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Window Material and Video Distribution

I use a window covering from Www.Christmaslightshow.com for the projector. You can even attach it to a roll up window blinds so it can be raised during the day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I made a wooden frame that fit snugly in the window. Stretched a cheap white shower curtain over it. Works great and looks good. I do leave it in the window until the display comes down. it is in a bedroom that we do not use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info so far. Our windows are rounded at the top so has to be cut to shape. Tried the shower curtain thing last year and it was ok but the film on the window worked out way better for us. Just need to find something that is easy to remove and re-apply.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Google with the search term static cling window film frosted. It would be easy to apply and remove.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk