Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PVC Arch frame question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PVC Arch frame question

But yes ur tees need to be straight up also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well today I finally got to this project. Yes, current measurements I get the same type of arch. So I tried the string method to help fix it some. Seems to work but not sure if I want to keep the string in place or attempt to figure out another way. I was going to put the medium arch inside the large one so I guess I need to figure out those dimensions also.

I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble of making a jig for both of these size arches. The reason for that is that I don't know if I want to attempt heat on PVC. I have a heat gun but I am a little gun shy on this one.

Anyone else have any luck?
    Dean
    [url]www.brooksfamilylights.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deanathpc View Post
    Anyone else have any luck?
    Yes, do the steps that have already been described. Looking at your pics, the tees were loose, which is effecting the shape. Use a string, this will hold the shape you need to install the coro. I left my string on, you can't see it at night. After one season and being up in the attack, the string can now be removed. But, this build is a simple one. No luck is involved, just have to do it.

James

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog30 View Post
    Yes, do the steps that have already been described. Looking at your pics, the tees were loose, which is effecting the shape. Use a string, this will hold the shape you need to install the coro. I left my string on, you can't see it at night. After one season and being up in the attack, the string can now be removed. But, this build is a simple one. No luck is involved, just have to do it.

James

My tees are loose also. Not sure how to fix that. I will use some black paracord and string each one up I guess. I'll get the medium in place prior and maybe even pre-plan for the small now that he is selling those too. I'll have to recruit some help as that will make this go a little easier.
    Dean

Post Thanks / Like

The emt to pvc tee is going to be loose. The two aren't really meant to go together. On my arches, I drilled two holes through the pvc tee and emt, then inserted screws. The screws held things straight. There are better ways, but this was cheap and easy.

James

Post Thanks / Like

The emt to pvc tee is going to be loose. The two aren't really meant to go together. On my arches, I drilled two holes through the pvc tee and emt, then inserted screws. The screws held things straight. There are better ways, but this was cheap and easy.

James

Tomorrow I am going to string the one I made and see if I can get the right tension to mount everything. With any luck all will go well and I will have a template for the last three.
    Dean

Post Thanks / Like

James
    +1, I just drilled thru an elbow and the pipe and put bolts thru the hole to keep everything together. Very simple or as Phrog said cheap and easy.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

James instruction on his site say to use a screw and he gives the size screw as well. This weekend I'm hoping to get mine out and I'll post the measurements I used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used a little longer screw. So far so good. Four large and medium sizes put togetger. I will string them onto shape this week and see how it goes.
    Dean

Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are using the self tapping screw, screwing from the top down of the pvc T into the EMT holding the EMT to against the top of the T innner dimension? Thanks going to build 4 large arches this weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast