Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do I Mount Pixel Frames Around Windows?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How Do I Mount Pixel Frames Around Windows?

the pvc clip attached too the double sided tape and the tape too the window frame but like Mind said a clap or something where the screen goes may work also think outside the box
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    The only thing I've got is to take the screen out and possibly create somthing that used the screen channel. Heavy duty suction cups should work though...have you tried the big ones?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    I don't know if the suction cups were big, but they were the most heavy duty that Lowes had. You press them on the window and then crank down the hook. I put in on my window as a test with a 5 pound weight and it fell off in a couple of days. They use suction cups to carry large panes of glass so I don't know why a suction cup wouldn't work. Maybe I need to find a stronger one.

suction cups.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe something like these, but may need to use regular double sided foam tape for extra strength. And being white or clear you may be able to leave up.

http://www.command.com/3M/en_US/comm...4529207&rt=rud

or

http://www.command.com/3M/en_US/comm...4529207&rt=rud

and zip tie frame to them.
    Last edited by Ruppro; 07-28-2016 at 04:55 AM.
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris A View Post
    I don't know if the suction cups were big, but they were the most heavy duty that Lowes had. You press them on the window and then crank down the hook. I put in on my window as a test with a 5 pound weight and it fell off in a couple of days. They use suction cups to carry large panes of glass so I don't know why a suction cup wouldn't work. Maybe I need to find a stronger one.
    I used to work with large pieces of glass and used the suction cups for glass that you mention. We had to handle big pieces of single pane as well as insulated units with raw glass edges.
    The suction cups for glass have levers on them to apply suction as well as many places will use a solution of water with a bit of dish soap (or similar) to increase adhesion. The suction cups for glass are "usually" 6 inches in diameter or more to allow enough surface area to "grab" the glass.
    Another thing to watch out for is that these type of suction cups can literally (had it happen a couple of times) suck so hard that they can break the glass! Just so you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I used screen frames. 011646714671lg.jpg011646714435lg.jpg100_1821.jpg Home Depot sells spring clips for each corner http://www.homedepot.com/p/Prime-Lin...-100536660-_-N
    Last edited by stallionent; 07-28-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anything overhead that you attach wires to? Could then suspend the frame from above and use suction cups or mounting tape on the bottom to keep it from flopping around. I also seen a post recently where someone uses eyelets and 100lb fishing line to hoist/suspend their lights on pvc to their eaves. Possibly thread the fishing line through the edges of the window and attach from the inside of the house.

Post Thanks / Like

HOT GLUE!!! I'm just kidding... maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
    I did test using hot glue on a suction cup by putting it on an old picture frame glass. it did work but i was concerned about maybe damaging the window.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
    I have the same issue at my house, I ended up hot gluing clear hooks to the stucco. It worked well and with them being they are only visible close up. My intention was just to leave them up year round but once summer hit they fell down with no damage to the stucco.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast