Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen Christmas Expo dinner social

Its looking like we need the show floor and will be ordering pizza O_O

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like fun count me in

Post Thanks / Like

I am driving home Friday night but would love to pop in before I head home.
    [COLOR=#008000]2016 - 5th. year - Over 18,000 channels E1.31 including 350 Channels Renard, Video Projection - XL/NC - On Falcon Player, up to four megatrees.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]2017 - 6th. year - Moved display to a public park, Over 45,000 E1.31 channels, down to 100 Channels of serial Renard - XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    2018 - 7th, year - Still at Shawnee Park, over 52,000 E1.31 channels, down to 96 channels of Renard - [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/COLOR]
    Randy: X[URL="http://www.xenialights.com/"]enialights[/URL] on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/XeniaLights/420036314711206"]Facebook[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I are in.

Post Thanks / Like

Event Details:
    Vixen Dinner Social will be at Gino's on Higgins (this is a suburban branch of the legendary Gino's East pizzeria). Note that I'm calling it the Vixen Dinner Social, because I'm the Vixen PR guy and because I can, but all are certainly welcome regardless of whether or not you're a Vixen user.
    8725 W. Higgins (between Cumberland Avenue and Dee/East River Road, across from the Marriot. the event will begin at 6:30pm. This should give people the opportunity to attend the roundtable discussions at the Expo and still have time to get to the restaurant. Because I arranged this a bit late in the game, it was hard to get a venue that still had availability for a group of our size. So Gino's is a bit farther, but it's still only about 20 minutes from the Midwest Expo Center, and there was more options at the larger restaurants near the airport. Here are Google directions from the expo center to the restaurant.
    It's going to be $17 per person ($17.75 via PayPal), and will include Chicago Style Pizza, Salad, and Soft Drinks. (gratuity included) For those interested, there's also a full cash bar.
    If you want to get it out of the way in advance, you can PayPal your payment to jon@chuchla.com. If you're going to PayPal it, please remember to pay the $17.75 to cover the PP fees. This would greatly help me out to get a reasonably solid headcount to the restaurant a few days in advance. Otherwise, if you really need that 75 cents to buy two more pixels, I will take cash at the door, but try to make it easy on me and have exact change.
    If you have any special dietary restrictions, let me know via PM and I'll work with the restaurant to see what can be done to accommodate.
    I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for putting the work in to organize this social gathering. It looks like you'll have a nice group of people attending!

James at Boscoyo Studio and have been discussing this and after speaking with Jon we have decided we will have pitchers of beer at each table for everyone (Well, at least all adults of legal drinking age!) to enjoy! This is our way of saying "Thank you" to the great people that frequent DIYC. Please join us for some food, refreshments, good fellowship and stories that may or may not include a bit of embellishment!

Thanks!
    Todd
    Last edited by tjetzer; 07-06-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tod, thought you said you weren't going to the expo? Change in plans?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Tod, thought you said you weren't going to the expo? Change in plans?
    I am going down Friday for a while. I will not have a vendor booth.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! See ya there!

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in for 2. Thanks for putting this together!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast