Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to buy from Ray question (again)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to buy from Ray question (again)

If I may, Just one word of warning.
    While Ray is not always quick to respond, he will try to get you a decent price for what you want.
    BUT, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check to make sure the items you get from him are soldered correctly and thoroughly. I can not count the number of times I have gotten things from him where wires are just STUCK ON THE CONTACT (not soldered at all) then the epoxy is squirted on. check for shorts (I have gotten LOTS of those), and check to make sure that you get exactly what you ordered.

Ray, is generally pretty good about sending out replacements, if it is close enough to Christmas for example when you see that things are not what they should be, you may not get your replacements till well after Christmas.

i suggest you create an account at AliExpress (like others have suggested) HERE or if you already have an account HERE and try to talk to him online in a chat session to ask your questions.

Just always check each item thoroughly BEFORE you install it in your display. checking each and every solder connection and making sure each item works properly.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

So it sounds like the best thing is to get a quote but what are shipping costs like?

I was just pricing things out in Ray Wu's store on Aliexpress. I put about $600 worth of stuff in my cart and the shipping was over $300!!! If I want to by $8 worth of cord, shipping was listed as $27. is this right? Am I doing something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by icky007 View Post
    So it sounds like the best thing is to get a quote but what are shipping costs like?

I was just pricing things out in Ray Wu's store on Aliexpress. I put about $600 worth of stuff in my cart and the shipping was over $300!!! If I want to by $8 worth of cord, shipping was listed as $27. is this right? Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, get a quote. The shipping should be substantially less than that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by icky007 View Post

I always ask for a quote to my door shipping included. Ray's cheaper on lights but more on shipping but over all a better deal for large purchases or custom work. Be very careful to provide maximum detail and your quote is correct. I've seen several people get lights not exactly what they wanted but couldn't blame Ray for what they didn't specify. Like getting 4 inch spacing when they wanted 6 inch but didn't get it in the quote. Or wanting black wire and getting multi because it wasn't in the quote. Or not asking for epoxy filled. And so on. If you can copy paste one of his ads it works great but you can't always find just what you want. Be careful, read his quote carefully, inspect and test them when you get them. And you'll be a happy camper!
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

How do I find Ray Wu's store? When I log on to Aliexpress I can't find his store! Help!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    How do I find Ray Wu's store? When I log on to Aliexpress I can't find his store! Help!

Bill

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799

Post Thanks / Like

Ray is very helpful, you can also ask him for his recommendation on which items to buy. He has so many items on his website that it is not always to find exactly what you are looking for, be he can steer you right to it. He even sells some with the waterproof connectors already attached.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12