Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to buy from Ray question (again)

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to buy from Ray question (again)

Sorry for this redundant topic as I know this has been discussed before but I can't really find anything recent...
    How do you proceed when buying from Ray? what to avoid or not to do?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to buy from Ray question (again)

uhmmm you go to his store on aliexpress, add what you want to cart, and buy......If you're wanting to make a large purchase and try to save some on shipping them just send him a message with what you want and he'll add the invoice for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Always send him a message with the numbers of what you want as well as descriptions. Be as detailed as you can so that he understands what it is that you want. The descriptions on the items on the site can be wrong sometimes so it is worth it to make sure. He will send an invoice for you to pay and I always get better pricing this way than to just order through the site.
    Of course it helps too if you can get a bunch of things at one time to save on shipping as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    Sorry for this redundant topic as I know this has been discussed before but I can't really find anything recent...
    How do you proceed when buying from Ray? what to avoid or not to do?
    Thanks in advance for your input.
    Don't be sorry about asking. It's best to email him for a quote. Be very specific and use the terms off his website. It may take a few day's for him to get back to you. Go over the quote carefully. With all the cut and paste, and language difference it would be common to find a error. Reply to get any errors corrected. Then pay him and wait. If it's off the shelf maybe as short as a week. If it needs to be made (which can happen on common items too) it could take a month. He is reliable and will take care of a problem that's his fault. If you forget to mention something and it not written in your quote, oh well.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

It is helpful to get advices from people who have dealt with Ray before and I appreciate your responses.

I think I remember reading before people receiving custom fees from the carrier weeks after delivery. Aren't those included in the shipping costs from Ray? is there a recommended carrier that is better to deal with?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had to deal with other fees through Ray. Other vendors have had issues. I think Ray using DHL helps with this process.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Might be the case with Canadian buyer's but I order stuff from China all the time and have never had additional custom fee's even on large orders.
    Chris
    Holiday Lighting, LLC
    Your Source for Genuine Mean Well Power Supplies
    https://holiday.lighting
    http://holiday.lighting/images/icons/facebook-icon.png https://facebook.com/holidaylightingllc
    http://holiday.lighting/images/icons/twitter-icon.png @holidaylightin9

Post Thanks / Like

As there are always those that experience just the opposite, I have received Custom Fee invoices from DHL shipped products from Ray. Check the rules, but there are waivers available if you meet the criteria. (I don't have my notebook with me, so I can't quote what they were.)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I always send an email listing exactly what I want, and usually include a screen grab of the product listing. In the end, he ALWAYS saves me a ton on shipping. I as mildly surprised 2 weeks ago when I order a couple thousand pixels and some other stuff, got a pretty good discount, AND got it in 4 days from payment via DHL - Total shipping...$68.00. Ray is great to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the tips, suggestions and for sharing your purchasing experiences with Ray.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast