Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunhokey Acrylic Reprap Prusa i3 DIY Kit on sale $234

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunhokey Acrylic Reprap Prusa i3 DIY Kit on sale $234

Well, I did it. They are running an additional discount for US customers right now. The total shipped was 190.00

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I swear you can't buy the parts to make your own for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vavvoom View Post
    Really thinking about getting this, what upgrades would you recommend?
    Most of the simple upgrades are printed parts to make unit more stable.
    The parts I would grab for this unit to make a difference in print quality are:
    -E3dV6 hotend (unit comes with a v5 and the v6 is smaller reduces ooze). Ensure you get a Teflon tube with connectors to go with E3DV6, it is different than v5.
    -mk8 extruder gear and bearing (will require a print of a new extruder). This upgrades reduces grinding of filament and just works so much smoother.
    -Start with PLA as your filament and put glass over heat bed. This helps with keeping bed level and with a little hairspray gives great adhesion for print.
    You can upgrade heat bed to a MK3 but I wouldn't worry about that for now as stock is ok to start on.
    Plan to put printer on a stable level surface and clamp it sown so it doesn't wobble. I made a quick work bench just for the printer, printed some clips and screwed it to base.
    Join FB group for Sunhokey: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sunhokeyprusai3owners/
    Great group and lots of help and recommendations.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did it. They are running an additional discount for US customers right now. The total shipped was 190.00
    Thanks for posting that. I have a Robo 3D R1 coming, but kids want something to play with. 234 plus shipping wasn't that great of a deal. 190 including shipping makes for a no-brainer.
    [COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see this list in one posting for sure !
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    Yep, have one and love it....
    If you need any tips or a list of upgrades let me know.
    I had a lot of fun building it and even more fun upgrading it, now it purrs like a kitten and puts out great prints.

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the simple upgrades are printed parts to make unit more stable.
    The parts I would grab for this unit to make a difference in print quality are:
    -E3dV6 hotend (unit comes with a v5 and the v6 is smaller reduces ooze). Ensure you get a Teflon tube with connectors to go with E3DV6, it is different than v5.
    -mk8 extruder gear and bearing (will require a print of a new extruder). This upgrades reduces grinding of filament and just works so much smoother.
    -Start with PLA as your filament and put glass over heat bed. This helps with keeping bed level and with a little hairspray gives great adhesion for print.
    You can upgrade heat bed to a MK3 but I wouldn't worry about that for now as stock is ok to start on.
    Plan to put printer on a stable level surface and clamp it sown so it doesn't wobble. I made a quick work bench just for the printer, printed some clips and screwed it to base.
    Join FB group for Sunhokey: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sunhokeyprusai3owners/
    Great group and lots of help and recommendations.
    I would like to get one of these but am weary about the quality I can get out of it. With the upgrades you mentioned, how would you rate the machine? How long have you been using it? Do you feel like you would have wanted a better printer? I ask because I will have to have this shipped to the Philippines and although I'm a tinkerer, would not like to put up with major headaches along the way. Thanks.

Dinky

Post Thanks / Like

I looked on youtube, and it seems there are some "printable" mods that make this machine pretty good.

I'm going to start going down the list from DrNeutron as soon as it gets here on Thursday

Post Thanks / Like

When I get a chance tomorrow I will take a quick pic of my printer and list the upgrades I performed to make it print like a champ.
    There were quite a few trial and error printed parts, so it may take me a bit to find what parts worked for my setup (I downloaded at least 50 or more parts and printed at least 30 before I settled on the upgrades that worked for me).
    I am off to the drive-in to see ghostbusters tonight with the wife and kids.....have to finish modifying some mosquito netting to fit windows....
    :-)
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

I looked on youtube, and it seems there are some "printable" mods that make this machine pretty good.

I'm going to start going down the list from DrNeutron as soon as it gets here on Thursday
    Might as well shave your head and get your swear words lined up in your mind. Save you from pulling your hair out later. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunhokey Acrylic Reprap Prusa i3 DIY Kit on sale $234

Yep, have one and love it....
    If you need any tips or a list of upgrades let me know.
    I had a lot of fun building it and even more fun upgrading it, now it purrs like a kitten and puts out great prints.
    So here are what looks like the same except one says x8 extruder would that be the better one to get also it asks for a nozzle size?
    Last edited by aesl1982; 07-21-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast