Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back surgery

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back surgery

Going in for back surgery on Moday, 6/13. My only fear is that I might wake up with no use of my left leg if the neurosurgeon accidently damages my sciatic nerve!

6 months of severe sciatic pain is no fun. I have been living on advil since mid December. Nothing has helped. Chiropractic, heat, ice, electrical stim, ultrasound,5 trigger point injections, 6 epidurals, all sorts of meds and no relief. Surgery is my last option.

Most days I can't get out of bed and if I do I can not walk upright. I feel like an old man, hunched over and dragging a leg. Nothig is comfortable. I wake up each night in pain and can't go back to sleep for a couple hours. I am counting down the days.

Wish me luck.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back surgery

Hi, through the hours of work you've done here, you've helped bring a smile to many faces. Hoping it's your turn soon, all the best for the opperation.
    Last edited by Barnabybear; 06-08-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes to you Brian.
    My sister had this done a few months ago and is just now getting back to normal. Just got to have faith that all will be OK and that the alternative is dealing with all the pain isn't something anybody should have to deal with.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck Brian!!!! Back surgery has evolved quite a bit in the past few years,

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck!! I had it for a couple of months but luckily it went away without the surgery. I still have some numbness in my lower leg and foot but it is tolerable. I hope everything goes smooth and you are back on your feet quickly with no pain.

Mark
    2014 - pretty basic static display
    2015 - lots of Blinky Flashy
    5 x Renard SS24
    2 x Renard SS16 for singing trees
    2 x e682 for around 2000 pixels
    2016 - Up to around 12,000 pixels and still wanting more.

Post Thanks / Like

Chin up Brian!
    I had lower back surgery for a broken L4 last November. They fused L4 and L5 with pins and screws and whatever. I won't lie that when you wake up that first day or two is pretty gritty but they will give you whatever it takes to knock the pain away. After a couple of days it is not so bad of course depending on what you are having done but it is pretty routine now according to the surgeon who did my back (he says over 250,000 surgeries like this every year now).
    Mine cured the sciatica pain but I have another CT scan today to see why I am still having trouble with lower back. Guess I am in the 10% who the fusion doesn't always work for!

Just take it easy and do the no twisting, no lifting, no bending rule that they have for lower back and you will feel better in a couple of weeks after it but be careful for whatever time frame they tell you.
    My problem stems from a forklift accident 30 years ago that broke the L4 but had no insurance so they have just been medicating me for all these years. It finally has gotten bad enough to require action and I am starting to get arthritis so that doesn't help.

Don't be too nervous though (yea I was) as this is pretty routine now and the techniques, procedures, and materials are much better than 30 years ago when they told me that surgery was a 50/50 thing. Now it is more like 95/5 according to my doctor.

I ate sherbert for the 4 days that I was in the hospital as the food wasn't appealing and hey they said "Eat what you want"!

We will be waiting to hear from you on things in a week or so but take the time you need and heal first!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Brian, as a sufferer of chronic sciatic pain I know what you are going through.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers next week while you begin you next step in your journey of healing from pain. I remember how concerned we were when my wife went in for spinal fusion in her neck to eliminate pain. The healing and swelling takes a while to settle down, but it made a big difference for her. Sending you and the family good wishes.
    Jack
    2012 Second Animated Christmas

http://www.christmasinwarren.com

Become a Supporting Member of DIYC! Click Here
    Tip: Backup your sequences on a free cloud storage site like Dropbox. Click Here for free 2Gb storage.

Click here to show/hide my display details ...

Post Thanks / Like

After two back surgeries and a neck fusion, even with the inevitable discomfort that immediately follows surgery, I'd say that I would do it again. Being relatively free from back pain now and able to function is a worthwhile thing. Blessings to you as you await the surgery, Brian, and prayers that your doctors will be able to fix the spinal issues. A month from now I think you'll be much happier, and so will your family.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store has closed. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the nearly seven years we were open!
    The store will remain open for downloading documentation and other files.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast