Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Singing light bulbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singing light bulbs

Sterns8 XLights lets you select multiple. Hold down ctrl key I think to choose additional channels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sterns28 View Post
    All good information here, thank you. I'm attempting to import 8 channel singing sequences into xLights using the Bulb faces but having difficulty in the mapping. xLights allows the selection of one LOW Channel per node and with numerous nodes making up several mouth movements, how does one successfully do the import mapping?

Additionally, how is everyone mounting them. I see that there are sets of zip tie holes for possibly mounting onto PVC or pipe but wanting to add above the roof gutter. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.
    For mounting, I made brackets to attach to 1/2" PVC:
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...o-1-2-quot-PVC

And blake took that idea and adapted local hardware store items to do the same thing:
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...872#post443872

3. Likes rx7man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Singing light bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    For mounting, I made brackets to attach to 1/2" PVC:
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...o-1-2-quot-PVC

And blake took that idea and adapted local hardware store items to do the same thing:
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...872#post443872
    I used an old broom stick, conduit clips and a few screws to mount mine. The screws are wide head (1/2") screws so I didn't use washers but certainly could have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dyizhere; 11-28-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it. And Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is my favorite Xmas song right up there with George Michael's Last Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Singing light bulbs

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone for helping to mount the Bulb faces. I did already think of the broom handle clips as I did something similar with some Candy Cane Spinners I purchased from Matt Ross however; the fact that I am attempting to mount them on top or inside of my gutter they would not really work. There are a few different thoughts I am now contemplating, one finding a double sided clamp or figuring out how to make one and another is to add new Gutter Nails and drive one through the bottom of the bulb and tying them off at their tops. Or simply, last resort to mounting them in the ground but don't have a really good location. Thank you again.

PS - I will attempt to map the 8 channel face sequences I have but think it will be difficult with the different phenom mouth positions and not knowing which lips to associate them to (Top, Middle, Bottom, Wavy, etc...). Any files showing which nodes map to which 8 channel mouth movements is appreciated or where to purchase them cheaply as well.

Post Thanks / Like

** Whoops - replied to wrong response - please ignore **

That thought hit me after I posted my original question StickyWicket. I went and checked and sure enough they will not fit side-by-side. I will need the bullet pixels for the star.

Any group buys going on for them? I haven't built one complete thing yet and am amassing quite a collection of stuff - already got myself over budget and we're still in January!!

Thanks,
    Charlie-
    Last edited by CFPSystems; 01-23-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: replied to wrong thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Do you mean you sat there and placed all 143 pixels, one by one?

Quote Originally Posted by StickyWicket View Post
    Here is my Model for Vixen 3, it is made up of individual pixels so it will take some time to patch to your setup. To use this copy it to your Vixen profile folder:

Vixen 3\Module Data Files\VixenDisplayPreview\Templates\ChromaBulb.xml

When you load your preview you can add it by selecting it and clicking Add to Preview.

Once you have it placed where you want it I would right click it and select Separate Template Items. This will allow you to select each pixel to link it to your elements. It's a painfully slow process. My hope is that I might be able to place each section in a string for easier patching however I haven't figured that part out yet. If I do I will post it here. I have eight of these I need to setup this year so it will be a higher priority for me.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Thank you!

Do you mean you sat there and placed all 143 pixels, one by one?
    Yes I did, I also linked them one by one. I had eight ChromaBulbs in last years show. It was slow but well worth it if you want an exact replica.

Post Thanks / Like

It works great, it is a slow process but like Nick says, you can't beat the results. Now I am going to be running mine w/ incans, so I ended up mapping multiple lights to a single channel. Wish there was a way to select a group of individual lights, like this is made from, and convert them to a String. Or if there is could you tell me how to do it.
    Matt

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456