Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Singing light bulbs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singing light bulbs

what software did you use to trace out these models?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
    what software did you use to trace out these models?
    If you were referring to mine, I use Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Xlights.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone share their model of the ChromaBulb for Vixen so I don't have to recreate it?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my Model for Vixen 3, it is made up of individual pixels so it will take some time to patch to your setup. To use this copy it to your Vixen profile folder:

Vixen 3\Module Data Files\VixenDisplayPreview\Templates\ChromaBulb.xml

When you load your preview you can add it by selecting it and clicking Add to Preview.

Once you have it placed where you want it I would right click it and select Separate Template Items. This will allow you to select each pixel to link it to your elements. It's a painfully slow process. My hope is that I might be able to place each section in a string for easier patching however I haven't figured that part out yet. If I do I will post it here. I have eight of these I need to setup this year so it will be a higher priority for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

We fully feel your frustration with the tedious setup of templates in V3. We're working on a new custom prop system to completely replace the template functionality. This will incorporate both the preview visual setup and linking as well as the grouping and element arrangement. It doesn't look like it's going to be done in time for our next release but hopefully it'll be in the dev builds soon thereafter.
    However here's an idea that may make things quicker in the meantime. Remember that an element can be in multiple groups simultaneously. You may want to consider a single string type group that represents the actual string as it is wired into the prop. Then you can patch this group straight thru. Then copy the pixels out of that group into separate groups that represent each mouth/phoneme group. You'll still need to manually link the elements in the preview, but hopefully it's easier if you do them in actual string order using the group that represents the string.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just a lipsynching trick from an animator for all you cool cats.

Try not to transition the mouth open for your AAA's and OOO's (or what we'd call settling-in). Just pop it from the closed mouth (EE or MMMM) to the widest position and then settle out of that shape. What reads well in lipsync is often different than you would normally think. It's the change or acceleration between shapes that we perceive as making the sound and the fast movement really sells the punctuation of sounds. Try it and you'll find that things start to feel less muddy and a lot poppier.

Also, play around with shifting your entire lipsync track ahead of the audio a bit. In our industry, we always show the mouth shape 1-2 frames (83ms) before the sound hits.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome information!! Thanks, amps
    "There's no such thing as a dumb question, except for the question that was never asked!!"

Mark

2014 4 channel Mr. Christmas unit, 3,000 lights.
    2015: 32 channels, over 7000 lights including 4 singing faces! (updated)

Who the heck knows, I don't!!
    [url]http://pavukchristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amps View Post
    Also, play around with shifting your entire lipsync track ahead of the audio a bit. In our industry, we always show the mouth shape 1-2 frames (83ms) before the sound hits.
    Why?

Asking so I can learn.

Post Thanks / Like

I second that request. "Why?"
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast