Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new vendor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default new vendor?

I recently saw this vendor mentioned somewhere (I think it was on a different site) and I was wondering if it might be a member of this site.
    https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/CrockettFan...?tab=page_info
    I am considering buying a few things but I don't recall anyone mentioning this company in the past. Prices look very good.

2. Likes MrSmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: new vendor?

Haven't used them but I see a lot of people on the Facebook xLights Official Support Group use him. I have seen a lot of mention of people buying P10 panels from him recently. Everyone seems to be pleased with his products and store. Check out the Facebook group and you can get a lot of info on them.
    2014 - pretty basic static display
    2015 - lots of Blinky Flashy
    5 x Renard SS24
    2 x Renard SS16 for singing trees
    2 x e682 for around 2000 pixels
    2016 - Up to around 12,000 pixels and still wanting more.

Post Thanks / Like

There are alot of people putting together presales in order to get bulk discounts. In the end they are all coming from China and probably the same handful of manufacturers. The difference between everyone putting these presales on, is the research behind the manufacturer they order from. Some actually travel to China for face to face meetings to make sure things are assembled to their specifications.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from Darrell at Crockett. He is a good guy and I can vouch for him. I believe he orders from Ray, but in bulk and the quality is spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't bought from him, but I wouldn't hesitate.

7. Likes crockettfantasyoflights liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I order from Darrell at Crockett as wel. Just got 40 p10 panels 5000 pixels pigtails power supplies and everything not issues at all. Stand up guy. I don't believe ray is his vendor and the square pixels I got are not the same as I've seen from Ray. Top notch product though and uses 18awg on all pixels ordered through Crockett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes crockettfantasyoflights liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I'm feeling the love!! Thanks guys!

So just a quick run down yes I am a new stateside vendor and my product does come from China, but I do not use Ray. I have a few suppliers that I work with currently. No I have not made a trip to China to meet up with them I have been communicating with a few of them since Last year and was trying to wrap up negotiations with them to have a January Pre-Sale but it didn't work out so February was my first sale.

I will have a few products in stock year around but mostly this year is going to be Pre-Sales.

Currently work at an engineering company in the Houston area for my primary job and this is a small side business with the hopes of it eventually growing into a full time job.

Thanks again for the kind words! Makes me feel very excepted in the community that has been home to me for years already. (Now I have another site I have to check) between the countless Facebook groups it is hard to keep up!

Attached is my contact information!

Thanks,
    Darrell Pellegrin
    Crockett Fantasy of Lights,LLC
    sales@crockettfantasyoflights.com
    darrell@crockettfantasyoflights.com
    crockettfantasyoflights@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aesl1982 View Post
    I order from Darrell at Crockett as wel. Just got 40 p10 panels 5000 pixels pigtails power supplies and everything not issues at all. Stand up guy. I don't believe ray is his vendor and the square pixels I got are not the same as I've seen from Ray. Top notch product though and uses 18awg on all pixels ordered through Crockett
    I often see "18 AWG" quoted on pixels and actually in testing, I've found this to be rare. If it has "18 AWG" printed on the cable, I would not trust the printing - use some callipers to measure the actual cables. The reason that most pixels don't have 18 AWG cable is because it is exceedingly hard to solder them on consistently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    I often see "18 AWG" quoted on pixels and actually in testing, I've found this to be rare. If it has "18 AWG" printed on the cable, I would not trust the printing - use some callipers to measure the actual cables. The reason that most pixels don't have 18 AWG cable is because it is exceedingly hard to solder them on consistently.
    I have the normal 20 and 22 gauge pixels as well and then the 18awg from Crockett and the wire size is noticeably 18 awg. The overall quality of the pixels from him are top notch and great quality as far as the epoxy filling down to the boards being straight. Often from Ray and others I've seen it looks like the stuff was just thrown together no consistency

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I may have to order a few strings to check them out.
    David Pitts
    PixelController, LLC
    PixelController.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast