Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 - Mega Tree With Public Remote Control

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2016 - Mega Tree With Public Remote Control

This would be cool if it could be used on the FPP for those that run the show from there.
    Nice work btw.

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice write-up. Thank you! I am hoping to add a mega tree maybe next year and will keep the things you did and learned in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a database in the net where you get all the Themes for the megatree lighting shows?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uzelessknowledge View Post
    This would be cool if it could be used on the FPP for those that run the show from there.
    Nice work btw.
    I'm working on something similar for FPP v2, but it is a long way from ready.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setarcos View Post

Awesome. I like to beta test.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uzelessknowledge View Post
    Awesome. I like to beta test.
    Thanks! I'll keep you in mind as soon as something is of beta quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setarcos View Post

Can you allready give us right now some basic details how you handle the datahandling in FPP?
    Sounds to be a great project, too.

Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

Had some good thunderstorms last night with wind. Tree held up well and went out and turned it on in the rain this morning. Everything seemed to work well.

I've received some pms and interest for a guide on how to setup the remote control. I am working on that and will post here and reply to pms with it when it's ready. I will also provide links to the modified xlights with the queue system and the "treecode" program as well if you wish to use that. When I have the time I will update the front end website so that others can make use of it if they want. It will be configurable separately for each person that uses it and will work with their specific setups/sequences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galferiz View Post
    Can you allready give us right now some basic details how you handle the datahandling in FPP?
    Sounds to be a great project, too.

Thomas
    Many details still need to be worked out, but the playlist management in FPP 2.0 will work a little different than it does now in that it will fire a function (that a plugin could trigger from) as it approaches/reaches the end of playback for a sequence. The return value for that function would be the next sequence that should be played. I plan to leverage this by combination of a FPP plugin and a cloud-based scheduler service that could allow the playlist to be influenced by visitors. I have a few notes on this over on the Falcon forums, but still have to finalize some of the bigger peices of the overall architecture before I start coding.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the tree is all taken down and stored away for a couple of months. I can't wait to set it up again for the holidays. We had a Labor Day party and fired it up when it got dark. It was a big hit with the kids (and the adults). And, the teenagers loved the fact that they could use their phones to control it.

The last thing to do was the tune to sign. I was going to do this myself but found that it wasn't much more to order one. The only think I added were the posts and bolts. It is 36" x 24". Seems plenty big enough and easy to read. I will need to grab a flood light to shine up at it. It's an aluminum sign with UV resistant ink. Hopefully it holds up for several years.

Tune To Sign:
    2016-09-10 19.07.01.jpg

I have the website running if anyone is interested. It's treemote.xyz and will be running 24/7 until the end of the month.
    The "Now Playing" information and the "Magic Code" comes directly from xLights. Everytime a new song starts both sections update dynamically when xLights sends over the info. The "Queued Songs" section will also update if someone picks a song. I have the "Magic Code" displaying right on the site for now for testing purposes. When in production mode it will only show on the tablet in the window. I also have the Queue turned off. Any song chosen will update immediately. Of course there is no sound or video, just the front end functionality that viewers will experience when in front of the house.

I'm still working on a guide for the remote control system setup and tweaking the code to generalize some more. I will link to it here when it is completed.
    Last edited by barlav; 09-12-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast