Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is possible to load video file to Vixen3?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is possible to load video file to Vixen3?

I start to build new installation in my home. Wondering about posibility to load AVI file to play on my leds. All bars, strings in my installation are WS2811/WS2812b. Can I load some AVI files or SWF's in Vixen3?
    Last edited by dvjcodec; 02-20-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is possible to load video file to Vixen3?

Not currently. We haven't given too many features in the area of video because even if you can get it in, it's not going to play well in the current versions.
    You can convert the file and use the picture tile effect. But again, you're asking a whole lot of the vixen engine to do this.
    We're diligently working on performance in the first part of this year. And once we get the overall system running much more efficiently, then we'll focus on the fancy effects. As it stands at the moment, even if we gave you the ability do things like this, it just won't work well in the end.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    Is other way to synchronise Vixen's timeline with controllers who will controll led screens? I have controllers for WS2812b, who give me posibility to run AVI files recorded on SD card . This controller can be drive via DMX (SD's program change, speed change, brightnes change).

Post Thanks / Like

dvcodec. Not sure what you are after here, but perhaps this may give you some ideas.

Many of us use Falcon Player to run the show. Sequencing is done using our favorite sequencer (Vixen, xLights, etc.) on our computers. To make this happen, we follow these steps:

1. Copy (rip?) the audio from the video file.
    2. Use that audio within the editor to get the timing down.
    3. Once the sequencing is done, we have the needed .fseq file for the FPP.
    4. We load the original movie file to the FPP. We also load the .fseq.
    (Note that we do not need to upload the audio file we used to do the sequencing as the audio is already in the video file.)
    5. We tell the FPP the names of the video file and the sequence file, then we schedule it.

It is actually real easy.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    dvcodec. Not sure what you are after here, but perhaps this may give you some ideas.

Many of us use Falcon Player to run the show. Sequencing is done using our favorite sequencer (Vixen, xLights, etc.) on our computers. To make this happen, we follow these steps:

(Note that we do not need to upload the audio file we used to do the sequencing as the audio is already in the video file.)
    5. We tell the FPP the names of the video file and the sequence file, then we schedule it.

I didn't know that FPP could do that. Really neat. How do you tell FFP where to play the video?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

In the case where you are actually playing the video (such as to a projector, television/monitor, etc) it would be out the HDMI port.

Note that the other method of using video, such as on a megatree or a matrix, would entail capturing the video as successive frames and then using them in the sequencer.
    There are those here that are much better at that method than I am. (I have only done single frames on my trees and have not done video on anything other than a projector.)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dvjcodec View Post
    Thank you.
    Is other way to synchronise Vixen's timeline with controllers who will controll led screens? I have controllers for WS2812b, who give me posibility to run AVI files recorded on SD card . This controller can be drive via DMX (SD's program change, speed change, brightnes change).
    The way you mention here is actually the better way to handle video. You give the hard work to the hardware designed for it. By doing this, you relieve both the sequencer and the lighting network from handling unnecessarily high volumes of data.
    In vixen to control your player, you'll first need to figure out what control data it needs. Then you'll set up one or more elements in your profile for these control channels. (One element per control channel) Patch these thru to the appropriate dmx channels. Then you use the custom value effect to send the specific vaues needed to control the player.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post

and a variation on this:
    i use the ripped audio and sequence a song, say frozen
    i then load the fseq and the ripped mp3 audio file to master fpp
    So: frozen.fseq, frozen.mp3 goes to master

i only load frozen.mp4 to the slave fpp

When i run the master fpp, it drives my 45K lights and it drives the fm transmitter
    the slave unit is receiving sync signals from the master saying "I am at 10.1 seconds on frozen", "I am at 10.15 seconds on frozen", .etc
    The slave looks to see if it has frozen.fseq? Nope, frozen.mp3? Nope. frozen.mp4 Yes, start streaming video, adjust so it stays +/- 1 frame

The point is i only need to put mp4 files on the slave. This was not true 1-2 years ago, somewhere along the line the Capt and team made the change. Much easier copying files around.

FPP, still the most advanced player for our shows.
    Sean
    Littleton, CO
    Latest releases [url]http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases[/url]
    xLights/Nutcracker Forum [url]http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php[/url]
    Facebook [url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/628061113896314[/url]

[IMG]http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/images/ZZ_SEAN5.gif[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smeighan View Post
    and a variation on this:
    i use the ripped audio and sequence a song, say frozen
    i then load the fseq and the ripped mp3 audio file to master fpp
    So: frozen.fseq, frozen.mp3 goes to master

i only load frozen.mp4 to the slave fpp

When i run the master fpp, it drives my 45K lights and it drives the fm transmitter
    the slave unit is receiving sync signals from the master saying "I am at 10.1 seconds on frozen", "I am at 10.15 seconds on frozen", .etc
    The slave looks to see if it has frozen.fseq? Nope, frozen.mp3? Nope. frozen.mp4 Yes, start streaming video, adjust so it stays +/- 1 frame

The point is i only need to put mp4 files on the slave. This was not true 1-2 years ago, somewhere along the line the Capt and team made the change. Much easier copying files around.

FPP, still the most advanced player for our shows.
    I'm in 100% agreement. Multiple FPP is a great way to do it.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Thnx !!! FPP is a great idea - I need to buy Pi

Probably my favorite YT show was made with FPP - strips + screens
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90oZ52M4IC0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast