Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: SanDevices version 5 firmware information thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SanDevices version 5 firmware information thread

Jim , Will you be supporting the TLS pixels in future ? If not could you outlet the code so hopefully it can get extended life for single pixel type controllers .

I know there probably isn't a market left for you with it but for those of use that still have tls it would be a shame to see it lost and forgotten .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SanDevices version 5 firmware information thread

Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    Is it a significant hardware upgrade to the propeller 2? (i.e faster and more ram??), The BB project sounds interesting too. A completely different processor is probably out of question due to chip pin out or possibly even size ? As one that enjoys using my 6804 and 682, be interested to see changes too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If you go ot the website https://www.parallax.com/microcontrollers/propeller you can see information about propellor processors. the new propeller is more advanced, but also more expensive, so controllers will be more expensive too. this is not a surprise as we are many years after the first propellor came on the market. The first propeller is doing a great job in the sandevices controllers, but at the edge of its capabilities with all the new demands asked for in this forum. I, as a technician, can imagine how much effort implementing the propeller 2 will be for a designer. if Jim is considering that, we may surely give him a lot of respect for that. But he is not the youngest amongst us, so it might be to much effort for him.

best regards

Dick de Wit
    The Netherlands

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879