Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast

Thread: SanDevices version 5 firmware information thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SanDevices version 5 firmware information thread

Quote Originally Posted by cmitcham View Post
    jim hasn't logged in here since june. is san devices going to continue? i hope so mainly because i like building my stuff myself, but i'm concerned. why is v5 firmware still only in an "info" thread after 2 years?
    I had an issue during this season....had a lot of humidity.....and things were acting up on one of my E682's..... I contacted Jim with a question and he responded immediately....and his response fixed my issue (not an issue really....loose power terminal that I didn't think to check.....).... Jim is great...he helped me a lot when I first got started with pixels and he's still there to back up what he sells.....

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a walk through on reprogramming the e682 using the Prop-Plug?

I have a pair of e682's that will not play nice, unable to connect, even swapped known working Wiznets.
    Cheers!
    Steve

Learn 1 new thing everyday.

"AURBO" -- Aurora Borealis

My weather today

Chat link | Christmas Wiki link

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmt1bHtXCIE
    Do you have a prop plug? I think I have one kicking around if you need to borrow it.
    I programmed mine a few years back using prop plug, it is pretty straight forward.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    Check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmt1bHtXCIE
    Do you have a prop plug? I think I have one kicking around if you need to borrow it.
    I programmed mine a few years back using prop plug, it is pretty straight forward.
    Thanks Phil
    Cheers!
    Steve

My weather today

Post Thanks / Like

So this thread popped up, and I decided to try the version 5.030-01 firmware update on an E681upg. Now I can’t find the controller IP. Using a prop plug I attempted to roll it back to 4.080-01. Reboot and force it to DHCP with it directly connected to the PC, and it won’t show up at 169.254.74.73 as it always has in the past. I tried this on two other boards and it works fine. Press and hold program button, release after three flashes. Curse me for not following the “if it works, please don’t fix it” rule. It’s a spare, but I’d really like to have it back. Has anyone found a quick and thorough way to wipe the prop so I can get a nice clean version of the firmware on it?
    All the tools in xLights! All the tools!

Post Thanks / Like

Try my technique, reflash with 5.X, and generally it wipes any IP address out. So I hold down program for 6 flashes, which default its temporarily to 192.168.1.206. Then access it with a directly connected PC in the same network subnet. That .206 address is only temporary, so set up what you want as IP right away, save it. Reboot controller. You should now be able to access it at the address you used.

Upon reboot, use a system command of 10, reboot, then use a system command of 20, reboot, then finally use a system command of 30, reboot. This has always worked for me to clear out any junk and fully reset board to how it would have been shipped to you. There are 2 known bugs in the FW. The one that causes me the most pain is that the controller name field tends to get junk in it and sometimes needs to be cleared out with backspace key, even after fully resetting the board to factory settings. I forget what the other one is.

Is it quick, no. Thorough maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    So this thread popped up, and I decided to try the version 5.030-01 firmware update on an E681upg. Now I canít find the controller IP. Using a prop plug I attempted to roll it back to 4.080-01. Reboot and force it to DHCP with it directly connected to the PC, and it wonít show up at 169.254.74.73 as it always has in the past. I tried this on two other boards and it works fine. Press and hold program button, release after three flashes. Curse me for not following the ďif it works, please donít fix itĒ rule. Itís a spare, but Iíd really like to have it back. Has anyone found a quick and thorough way to wipe the prop so I can get a nice clean version of the firmware on it?
    5.030 may not work on a 681. The 5.023 will work but you need to upgrade to Wiznet W5200 Ethernet Module.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Try my technique, reflash with 5.X, and generally it wipes any IP address out. So I hold down program for 6 flashes, which default its temporarily to 192.168.1.206.
    Thanks,

I’ll try that tomorrow. This is the first time I’ve ever had problems connecting to the web server on the board. I hate that the thing defaults to 192.168.”1”. anything. I wish I had a Copy of the hex with 192.168.0.206 so it matched my freaking house network.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Seems I have two dead Wiznet 820io's
    /sad panda
    Cheers!
    Steve

My weather today

Post Thanks / Like

How did you determine that? I still can't connect to the E681 (with the upgrade WizNet) that I tried to add the proper 5.03 firmware to. I tried rolling it back to 4.08 but can't connect to it. I was considering trying to swap the WizNet module with a known working part but I'm not willing to chance it while I'm controlling lights. I do still have the original E681 WizNet module and was also considering rolling the firmware back to that and trying it. I have one E681 that's upgraded but I'm only using 700 rgb channels on the whole card.

One other thing, I have 1 E682. Has anyone seen it? I can't find it anywhere!

Jeff

Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 276775767778 LastLast