Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Problems with squirrels

I love to shoot, but if your seen with as much as an air pistol in the front garden, your probably going to find yourself down the local nick!
    AP are legal in the UK, but your got to be very careful where you get them out.
    God bless the 2nd amendment, Unless BO gets his way...
    2500P 9 x ESP8266-07

Post Thanks / Like

Each year I put out four ultrasonic rodent repellers in the center of my lawn facing N, S, E W. I did this not so much because of squirrels, but field mice that like to squeeze themselves through wire ports of controller boxes and nest inside. Controllers are probably slightly warmer than the ambient air and nesting inside blocks the wind.

I did this as a preemptive measure and not sure if my not having field mice problems is because of that, or, coincidence.
    Quick bump from me. Despite it's an old post I totally agree with this and wanted to suggest the same. I've read about ultrasonic repellents for mice on pestcontrolhacks and can tell they work with squirells as well as other rodents too. It's nice and humane way to get rid of them, no poison, no traps, no shooting either.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - it is an old thread.

FYI - My neighbor uses the ultrasonic "pest control" and apparently it works. At least the number of squirrels in his yard goes down to none, while the number in mine double whenever he turns them on.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

4. Likes TazChaLet, CCatch liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12