Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick and Dirty mini trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick and Dirty mini trees

Wanna solve the GFCI problem? Make a bunch of 'em in a short period of time? See all the lights? The wife had a great idea!!!! Stretch Wrap!

Jeff
    13th original member

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quick and Dirty mini trees

The rest of the pictures.... Just need to be wrapped with 300 minis now!
    13th original member

Post Thanks / Like

Cool!...I know I've got a big roll of the stuff somewhere.

How do you attach the lights?
    Don

Post Thanks / Like

Wrap 'em and wire ties. I poked it right through. It didn't take near as many as usual. The wire sticks to the stretch wrap and stays put. I'm so glad i tried it when Dawn suggested it. I've got six assembled so far. I don't want to use up any more multi set as I only have enough for another project. I'm considering making these both white and multi... I can't wait until the mini lights hit the shelves at Lowes.
    13th original member

Post Thanks / Like

Redneck version:
    Use the colored saran wrap that comes in the pink/red or green colors. Insert 1 white flood underneath tree, and you're done :-).

Actually... I'd be interested in seeing how this looked with just the clear saran wrap, and 3 rgb MR16's underneath controlled by a dimming controller.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photovor View Post
    Actually... I'd be interested in seeing how this looked with just the clear saran wrap, and 3 rgb MR16's underneath controlled by a dimming controller.
    That sounds like it would be cool! but may need to use something stronger han saran wrap.
    Lou

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lbro View Post
    That sounds like it would be cool! but may need to use something stronger han saran wrap.
    I was kinda starting to think pallet wrap (like you can get at staples or officemax). I know it weathers better, and has higher heat resistance... If I had some at home, i'd try this. I need to pick up some of those MR16's./

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Quick and Dirty mini trees

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmill View Post
    Wanna solve the GFCI problem? Make a bunch of 'em in a short period of time? See all the lights? The wife had a great idea!!!! Stretch Wrap!

Jeff
    Jeff Your wife is a genius!!! Saves me from wrapping the bottoms with pipe unsulation.

Now to get out the hose and do the rain test.

Leon
    [url]http://www.vixenlights.com/download/vixen_2(2)/banners/vixensig256.gif[/url]
    [url=http://sawmillchristmas.com]sawmillchristmas.com[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WWNF911 View Post
    Now to get out the hose and do the rain test.

Leon
    Quick and Dirty mini trees

I see how these are "quick" but I didn't see the "dirty" part...but I must be wrong because Leon's getting out the hose! ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Photovor View Post
    Redneck version:
    Use the colored saran wrap that comes in the pink/red or green colors. Insert 1 white flood underneath tree, and you're done :-).

I think using this method with 3 different colored floodlights and the clear saran wrap would give even more options as opposed to the colored saran wrap. I also have to agree that using the shipping wrap from Office Depot or the like would be better in the weather. Big plus is if you need somewhere to store them you can always take them apart and use them to grow Tomatoes during the summer. That will always make the Wife happy with fresh tomatoes .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast