Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative to Ray Wu?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alternative to Ray Wu?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with any other vendors on Ali Express. I've messaged and emailed Ray every week since November for a quote; no response. I know it was the busy season, but I'm interested in options, at this point.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Alternative to Ray Wu?

Try a vendor that supports the DIYC community. www.DIYLedExpress.com is a good place to start.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

3. Likes didjareally, kychristmas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
    Try a vendor that supports the DIYC community. www.DIYLedExpress.com is a good place to start.
    The best place to start.
    [url]www.billporter.info[/url]
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 [url="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3WRF86Nfv099UZahf___A7i"]Halloween: 2500 Channels;[/url] 3 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3VVfgwM0nxDebdwI__rQZ9Z"]Christmas: 4500 Channels[/URL]; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3UKHXDhmKhdheaJBOFgJ5IL"]Halloween: 6500 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs. [URL="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwnQkTJSld3Uk21zJ3QHeHEMe1XzJOTSr"]Christmas: 11,000 Channels;[/URL] 4 songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slugg View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has had any success with any other vendors on Ali Express. I've messaged and emailed Ray every week since November for a quote; no response. I know it was the busy season, but I'm interested in options, at this point.

Thanks!
    What email for Ray are you using? There have been a couple different ones over the years and a few Ray Wu imposters pop up once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
    Searching through older threads, this answer always comes up. The elephant in the room is that DIYLEDExpress is almost double the price of the Chinese vendors. And I'm willing to bet they just get their items from China. Nobody wants to spend double on a bulk order. Hate to say it, but we all know this is true.

Post Thanks / Like

So are you guys saying that ray has the best price in town???

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slugg View Post
    Searching through older threads, this answer always comes up. The elephant in the room is that DIYLEDExpress is almost double the price of the Chinese vendors. And I'm willing to bet they just get their items from China. Nobody wants to spend double on a bulk order. Hate to say it, but we all know this is true.
    There is no elephant. Ray is cheap but you get what you pay for, and not necessarily in build quality but support. I have never purchased anything from Ray. Every pixel component I have, that DIYLedExpress sells I have bought from them. I have contacted Todd and/or Dave when in a last minute jam because I need a couple extra pixel strings or cables and I had what I needed in a few days. Try that with Ray. You can't even get a hold of him for months, let alone get some much needed supplies in a few days or some technical support on programming or setup.

Just my opinion.
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

9. Likes tucsonlights, beeiilll liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, there is a perceived quality difference between Ray and stateside. However for many, that risk is worth the savings. Anecdotally, many threads like this contain statements like "Ray is great, I had a problem with some strings and he sent me replacements quickly!"

For more veteran users, swapping out a bad pixel is second nature and part of the hobby. The savings is worth the hassle. Newcomers to the hobby may want more stability and not have to worry as much about replacing bad pixels.

In the end, everything comes from China one way or another. US based middlemen typically have higher specifications and standards than from Ray. Bad pixels will pop up regardless of where you get them, but may come up more often with Ray than others.

My two cents,

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered hundreds of dollars from diyledexpress, holidaycoro, and Ray. I had some trouble with dmx controllers from holidaycoro and they sent me out a new one at no cost no questions. I personally like diyledexpress because they always get my order right and I have not had any issue with all the stuff I bought. Ray is finicky. Chinese culture is a lot different than here and a little respect goes a long way there. When Inhave emailed him I am very respectful and he always gets back to me fast. I had some problems with technicolor pixels and he credited me the difference on my next order. Shipping is a killer but if you ask politely he will discount shipping.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast