Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Potential E1.31 / WiFi mod for dumb strips & floods.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Potential E1.31 / WiFi mod for dumb strips & floods.

Barnabybear, I moved this to a new thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like

This has been an excellent learning experience so far thanks to your sharing . I have been using this extensively and hit a wall as to how to incorporate the Neo Pixel lib and control a few pixels along side a few motors .

Is it possible or just wishful thinking ?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I don’t see why this can’t be achieved. I’m not sure if the servo library and the neo pixel library will play well together, sometimes the different library’s use the same timers and that can make things tricky. I’m guessing you’re not needing lots of pixels mainly eyes and the odd bit of other stuff. How many servos and pixels are you needing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabybear View Post
    Hi, I don’t see why this can’t be achieved. I’m not sure if the servo library and the neo pixel library will play well together, sometimes the different library’s use the same timers and that can make things tricky. I’m guessing you’re not needing lots of pixels mainly eyes and the odd bit of other stuff. How many servos and pixels are you needing?
    Hi
    My goal is to have each prop independently controlled via 1 wemos per prop .
    For simplicity all is 5v . I was hoping to avoid adding another esp-01 just for the few eye pixels in each prop .
    Skulls are using a single servo each for jaw movement only and the wolves are using 3 servos each .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Hi
    My goal is to have each prop independently controlled via 1 wemos per prop .
    For simplicity all is 5v . I was hoping to avoid adding another esp-01 just for the few eye pixels in each prop .
    Skulls are using a single servo each for jaw movement only and the wolves are using 3 servos each .
    Hi, cool. How many pixels and could they be dumb? Dumb RGB would be much easier if only used for eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

I only have 12v dumb so trying to avoid it . I did try the servo sketch and added the adafruit neo pixel lib .
    Configured and added universe 2 with 15 pixels and gave it a play .
    Some of the pixels worked but randomly and I could not determine color order or channel # so I said uncle

But it was intriguing that the pixels light up .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'll have a look tomorrow and post back.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, hand drawn schematic below. The 270R resistor is to protect the wemos outputs, if you donít have one 330R or 220R will do. This switches the connection to ground (low side) so can be used for voltages greater than 5V if needed. There are 6 GPIOs that I would start with: 12, 13, 14, 15, 4 & 5. You can repeat this circuit for each GPIO / channel you wish to control; you may need current limiting resistors for the LEDs dependant on which you use.

Once you get some bits wired up if you need help with the sketch let me know.

Attachment 38974

EDIT:
    I didn't lable the pins on the FET.
    Top = Drain.
    Side = Gate.
    Bottom = Source.
    Hi BarnabyBear

I managed to find a string of 5v Dumb rgb and noticed that the output does not switch and keeps the leds on . It appears to be anode switching on regular leds . Does this circuit invert the output to cathode switching ? Interestingly your code works perfectly with regular leds .
    I guess it is not possible to invert the output in firmware or you would have done it . Had I tested this for just rgb before , I would have just used regular leds
    Thanks again for this .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, the output can be inverted, it's midnight this side so not much I can do tonight. Link or photo the parts you have and I'll sort something in the moring.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, the output can be inverted, it's midnight this side so not much I can do tonight. Link or photo the parts you have and I'll sort something in the moring.
    Hi Barnabybear

I have 2 strings of these but the 5v version.

I was hoping to get 3 servos working and some leds . Servos are the priority !

Could always piggy back an esp-01 and use pixels for the eyes .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast