Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMD Soldering Station Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SMD Soldering Station Suggestions

I have done over 400 boards in the past year with an Aoyue 852+, and yes the parts correctly aligned with air.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Hako 888 soldering station and thought that before I go blind and need a seeing eye dog, I want to try out some SMD stuff.
    I just ordered a 852D+ SMD Station from Amazon and have some ESPixelStick modules to build.

I just wanted to check and see if anyone has any good links to video instructions or "words of wisdom" on getting into doing SMD components? I do have a good magnifying light to use as well as "third hands" fixture but would appreciate thoughts on things that others have run into with it?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    I have a Hako 888 soldering station and thought that before I go blind and need a seeing eye dog, I want to try out some SMD stuff.
    I just ordered a 852D+ SMD Station from Amazon and have some ESPixelStick modules to build.

I just wanted to check and see if anyone has any good links to video instructions or "words of wisdom" on getting into doing SMD components? I do have a good magnifying light to use as well as "third hands" fixture but would appreciate thoughts on things that others have run into with it?

Thanks

Hi, having just done some SMD for the first time - you need less solder paste than you would think (in fact nearly none) - I had to remove some components that had shorted on the under side due to excessive paste. I haven't found a good video yet that gives guidance on the correct quantity when applying by hand.
    Last edited by Barnabybear; 03-23-2016 at 12:25 PM.

4. Thanks beeiilll thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same boat here... Got all my ESPixelSticks and components on order... Watching YouTube videos in the meantime,... And getting ready to purchase a new soldering station.

I think those ESPixelSticks are the new project everyone is wanting to build and TOO impatient to with for a sale, myself included!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Running (3) E682's (1) Falcon F16v3 (1) Falcon pi-cap (20) ESPixelSticks - 8000 Pixels - Vixen - Falcon Pi Player - [URL="http://www.facebook.com/GainesvilleXmasLights"]http://www.facebook.com/GainesvilleXmasLights[/URL]<br></br>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Likes beeiilll liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12