Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STROBES going out on me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default STROBES going out on me!

Is anyone else having issues with strobe not working that were bought from DIY LED express? Mine are going out on me this year and they are new. Used in 3 shows and are now going out on me.

Any issues with yours?

R/

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: STROBES going out on me!

I don't have a solution for you but I am curious what type of strobes you are using. Xenon (I or U type) or LED?

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered both I and U Xenon strobes

4. Thanks AuburnLights thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fun stick,

Me to. I bought 25 U strobes during the January 2015 pre sale and installed them last week.

12 have failed so far :-(

I opened one up, and a component was roasted. I haven't had time to troubleshoot, but intend to find the bad component to see about repairing them.

Have you opened any?

Have you found a different vendor or strobe to use?

Mn

Post Thanks / Like

I did open one up and the board is a little burnt or the strobe itself is crusted over. If you come across a component that went bad please let me know so I may try to repair it. So far I haven't received any refunds but I am working with the vendor. They do acknowledge that this was a bad year for strobes and they are exploring other manufactures.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, similar experience.

Bought 25, displayed 20 and 11 have failed within 5days of putting them on.

They are only lit for 10seconds once every 2 minutes and didnt run them in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh great... I bought 30 of them and I had enough from last year so I wasn't going to run these but rather keep them for spares. I am thinking perhaps I need to burn them in .... so to speak and return the bad ones.. .

Edit: I sent an email also asking what they are going to do about the problem. Lets see how they step up. I am not really that interested in paying shipping back for parts that I paid shipping to me for that are defective. Perhaps they will do the wise thing and just replace them all and let us toss the bad ones in the e-waste. I would not put known bad product in my display.

With all that said.. since I have not opened mine, I can't say for sure I even got bad product.. but I am pre-emptively concerned from all the failures you guys are having.
    Last edited by plasmadrive; 12-06-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 25% failure rate. I'm not sure what the issue is but mine were sparking from on top the board. I had the first failures replaced. Even some of those had issues so I took some liquid black tape and dabbed around the area where it was sparking. This saved a number of them that were still semi working. I haven't been out in the yard to see how the rest are working. See the attached pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!

Post Thanks / Like

I had about 30% fail at this point. The company did refund my money on some. They are looking for new vendors as they acknowledge this is an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

ho ley crap i order 100 of them and they are still in their box never used ....is that mean i need to go and install them all to test ,,,that is crap big time ,,, if they knew about it they should had send email or put announcement to let us know of the situation/problem ..
    cheer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast