Thread: Prolific USB to Serial dongle used with projector

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prolific USB to Serial dongle used with projector

I have a Dell 2400 projector I use in my display. I use a laptop running Win8.1 as well. After doing some tweaking with the drivers last year, I finally got it running flawlessly. This year, not so much so. I know that last year I had to go in search of some drivers for the before mentioned Prolific USB to Serial dongle. Ended up using some older drivers. After that, it worked great. *I Think* I am using the same drivers on my laptop this year and just can't get it working. I honestly had so many that I tried, not sure which is which. The Windows updates kept changing out the drivers for it. I told it not to do it each time, I thought. Now I am just in a mess. Anyone else had this experience with a USB to Serial adapter?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Prolific USB to Serial dongle used with projector

Ok,
    I am posting this for an "archive's sake". Just in case someone else comes up with the same this. It would be PITA if I had to go cut the projector off each night. Especially in the rain!

So again, Win8 screwed this up with updates. I have not updated to Win10 for this very reason as well (wish the machine was Win7!). You have to go back to a Vista driver from 2008 to make it work.

Read this page. I know. Downloading from a page your not familar with... I would worry to. However it does work and is safe.