Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: RenardESP Information Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Information Thread

Pm me for more info
    Quote Originally Posted by apexlights View Post
    Is there a way to buy this without the group buy?
    Do I need to just take the BOM to mouser?

Post Thanks / Like

Loading the v1.4 firmware with Arduino, the Generic ESP8266 setting, to a 1M ESP module, what should the SPIFFS be set to? 128KB, 144, 160, 192, 256, or 512. Or does it matter?

104 Renard SS Channels and Counting

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ... I am wondering if anyone else has had any trouble with the ESP timing out after 20 seconds with a ren24 running DMX? I have flights sending test info to every controller. Pixels through espixel stick stay on but the ten works only for 20 seconds every single time. The lights on the ESP go dark - including when it is in the TTL programming device. I have Version 1.4 from bill potter. I've seen various threads on how to upgrade and can't get it to program. So far I've only been successful using the arduino compiler.

Post Thanks / Like

So Guys (and Gals), I'm at a loss. I just cant seem to get my renard esp's to work. I've been trying to get them to work with Vixen 3.4 on a windows 10 machine. ESP firmware is at 2.1-dev (20161214). Eventually they will be running on FPP. I also have ESPixles from the last group by that I have working on Vixen and FPP. I can see the ESP on the network and set it up with the web interface. It looks like its getting signal, but I don't know for sure. The renard 64XC works just fine when hard wired. I've verified the connections from the esp board to the renard are good. My eyes are just about to start bleeding from all the reading, and my cat is looking at me funny as I am starting to think I may need to sacrifice a small animal next. I'm not sure where to go next. Is there a tutorial out there strictly on setting up the RenESP and Vixen? I'm thinking I have some sort of issue with patching or my setup is off, it would be nice if there was some sort of test to see if the hardware was at least working. any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Just a beginner here but why is the IP in the device set to 1.10 but in Vixen set to 1.98?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6. Likes scootchu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcK View Post
    Just a beginner here but why is the IP in the device set to 1.10 but in Vixen set to 1.98?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    This is a good catch.

FYI: When I am setting things up, I use sACN view which can be found here: http://docsteer.github.io/sacnview/

That is an independent source of E1.31 data that allows you to make sure your system is working properly.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toy keeper View Post
    So Guys (and Gals), I'm at a loss. I just cant seem to get my renard esp's to work. I've been trying to get them to work with Vixen 3.4 on a windows 10 machine. ESP firmware is at 2.1-dev (20161214). Eventually they will be running on FPP. I also have ESPixles from the last group by that I have working on Vixen and FPP. I can see the ESP on the network and set it up with the web interface. It looks like its getting signal, but I don't know for sure. The renard 64XC works just fine when hard wired. I've verified the connections from the esp board to the renard are good. My eyes are just about to start bleeding from all the reading, and my cat is looking at me funny as I am starting to think I may need to sacrifice a small animal next. I'm not sure where to go next. Is there a tutorial out there strictly on setting up the RenESP and Vixen? I'm thinking I have some sort of issue with patching or my setup is off, it would be nice if there was some sort of test to see if the hardware was at least working. any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPGCapture 3.JPG
    Also with the Renards and the ESP modules, give multicast a try. I had lag issues with Unicast and Renards for some reason and if you can get away with it working, makes life easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcK View Post
    Boy, I wish it was that easy. its on DHCP at the moment, attaching the status page.Capture 4.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    This is a good catch.

FYI: When I am setting things up, I use sACN view which can be found here: http://docsteer.github.io/sacnview/

That is an independent source of E1.31 data that allows you to make sure your system is working properly.
    I'll download tonight, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scootchu View Post
    Also with the Renards and the ESP modules, give multicast a try. I had lag issues with Unicast and Renards for some reason and if you can get away with it working, makes life easier.
    I knew that might be a problem later, but currently it is the only controller I have configured. I did try it as multicast and unicast as well though.

I'm guessing if it works correctly when set up in the preview and in the Display set up as a renard (hardwired 485), that all I would need is to remove the Renard and repatch to the ACN(E1.31) controller.

Keep them coming guys,

Post Thanks / Like

The setups look OK, I would set the size/channel count to 64 to match your controller, don't need the other 448 cluttering up everything. The ESP is receiving the data, 778780 packets received and only a 139 errors. So that points to the problem being it feeding the data to the Renard, Is the Blue TX LED on the ESP lit almost solid? The firmware on the PIC is set to 57600? How is the module connected to the Renard? Can you post a photo of the controller w/ the ESP attached?
    Matt 2016, 1st Show

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LightUpMA View Post
    Hello ... I am wondering if anyone else has had any trouble with the ESP timing out after 20 seconds with a ren24 running DMX? I have flights sending test info to every controller. Pixels through espixel stick stay on but the ten works only for 20 seconds every single time. The lights on the ESP go dark - including when it is in the TTL programming device. I have Version 1.4 from bill potter. I've seen various threads on how to upgrade and can't get it to program. So far I've only been successful using the arduino compiler.
    isn't there an issue with done renard boards not providing enough power? one test is to run the esp power from a separate power supply. if that works there is a possible fix that involves putting a capacitor across the power lines.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast