Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: RenardESP Information Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Information Thread

does anyone have the firmware that will work with the group buy renard esp I finally built mine but when going to download the firmware I get a 404 page thanks
    I live Bismarck ND
    2011-2012 - small corner lot used a modified Mr. Christmas 6 channels did the job and got me hooked.
    2013 - Moved to new house with 2 acres, small show but all I had time for.
    2014 Built first renard controller so I have 1 renard 24hc, 1 Modified Mr. Christmas 6 channels none dimmable.
    I Also did a static show by the road. so 2 Christmas displays --- Lots of lights.
    2015 - working but so far I have purchased 6 renard ss16, going to retire the Mr. Christmas so all channels dim.
    now I will have 120 channels add 2 more renard 24, tis is going to be a crazy year.

Ladies and Gentlemen "I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS" yes would yell that from the roof tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Technically it's the software that Bill Porter wrote using the Arduino libraries that support the Renard & DMX protocol outputs from the ESP8266, but nonetheless the hardware does most of the heavy lifting that makes all of this possible to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by apexlights View Post
    My Renard 24 ss uses the standard firmware. I think the esp8266 does all the conversion from e1.31 dmx to Renard protocol.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that because it's been deprecated. Check out this thread for everything you need to know to get going with it. I'm pretty sure this is the most current information for the Renard ESP and its variants:

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...sters-required

Quote Originally Posted by tkrein View Post
    does anyone have the firmware that will work with the group buy renard esp I finally built mine but when going to download the firmware I get a 404 page thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much these have been sitting since I got them an decided to try them out, I didn't know there was such a change in the esp's
    I live Bismarck ND
    2011-2012 - small corner lot used a modified Mr. Christmas 6 channels did the job and got me hooked.
    2013 - Moved to new house with 2 acres, small show but all I had time for.
    2014 Built first renard controller so I have 1 renard 24hc, 1 Modified Mr. Christmas 6 channels none dimmable.
    I Also did a static show by the road. so 2 Christmas displays --- Lots of lights.
    2015 - working but so far I have purchased 6 renard ss16, going to retire the Mr. Christmas so all channels dim.
    now I will have 120 channels add 2 more renard 24, tis is going to be a crazy year.

Ladies and Gentlemen "I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS" yes would yell that from the roof tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post
    This will work with any Renard that uses the same 485 receiver chip in the SS series BOM; a ST485BN or 595-SN75176BP. So far the only one we have verified and won't work with is the PX-1. I've looked up the BOM for ren4flood, renard24hc and both are compatible.
    (Nothing like responding to a 2-year old post!)

The RenardESP only supports the ST485/SN75176 natively... But I designed an adapter that goes between the Renard main board and the RenardESP. My adapter allows the SN65LBC179P to be removed from the Renard controller, and inserted into the adapter. My adapter then plugs into the RenardESP and presto! ESP data comes into the controller, and the Out RS485 works. As a bonus, since only half of the SN65LBC179P is used, you can swap it out for the ST485BN or SN75176B.

Here's some pics of the adapter.
    ESP_Star_Photo2.jpg. . .ESP_Star2.jpg
    I'll be doing a small PCB production run to make it easier to use.

A stripped-down version of this adapter concept could probably be integrated with the RenardESP PCB for the cost of a single 8 DIP socket and a few traces. Note that my prototype and the PCB I've laid out how some extra features.

Jimboha
    Springville, Utah

Post Thanks / Like

So this solves the issue that if you use a RENESP, you can't daisy chain downstream?
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    So this solves the issue that if you use a RENESP, you can't daisy chain downstream?
    If you are using the RENESP on an SS series board or any board w/ 2 485 chips, there is no problem daisy chaining them. I even used one on a TR24, connecting to their RENW header and was still able to daisy chain off that controller to, I did replace it w/ a RP ESP module that attached directly to the RENW header.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Yes, or at least, that is the problem I set out to solve. But ONLY if the reason is that your Renard uses the SN65LBC179P chip. If you already have the ST485BN or SN75176, then this won't solve your problem. AND this does NOT work (nor is it needed) for the RenESP PCB that interfaces with the RenW header - ONLY the on that plugs in via cable to the 8-Dip socket where the ST4856 chip was.

Tell me what controller(s) you have and I can check the schematic to see if it SHOULD work for you.

I have so far only tested this on a "Simple Renard 32 Combo". I have about 8 other types here that I will try on - just need time. After I've tried those, I will have a PCB made and can enlist the help of others to try it on other controllers.

Specifically, I can try it myself on the following:
    RenardPlus TR8/8
    Simple Renard 32 Combo
    RenardPlus 32
    RenardPlus LLC16 (Torpedo)
    Simple Rernard RGB+W 32ch
    Simple Renard 8
    Ren8
    Renard PX1

If you have others that you'd like to try, let me know.

Jimboha

PS What Ruppro said is correct, and hopefully is just a restatement of what I tried to say.
    Last edited by jimboha; 01-08-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added Ruppro's comment
    Springville, Utah

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435