Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: RenardESP Information Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    isn't there an issue with done renard boards not providing enough power? one test is to run the esp power from a separate power supply. if that works there is a possible fix that involves putting a capacitor across the power lines.
    I was finally able to update the firmware to shelby's latest and they work now. Idk if there was an issue with bill's and the Renard running DMX but it seems fixed now. It stayed connected and was able to transmit from the garage to the furthest point in the show. Thanks for the help!

-wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RenardESP Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    The setups look OK, I would set the size/channel count to 64 to match your controller, don't need the other 448 cluttering up everything. The ESP is receiving the data, 778780 packets received and only a 139 errors. So that points to the problem being it feeding the data to the Renard, Is the Blue TX LED on the ESP lit almost solid? The firmware on the PIC is set to 57600? How is the module connected to the Renard? Can you post a photo of the controller w/ the ESP attached?
    Yep the plan was to run only 144 channels on this one, but after redoing it several times I just left it alone. It became more about just moving some data. The Blue LED was always on, seemed solid. PICs have been at 57600 for years. is connected via the ribbon cable, and I've verified the connections with a meter.
    I have since tried out Shelby's ESPixelstick on serial mode and got that working,so I'm still not sure what was going on, but I have enough of those to run everything and can put this on the back burner for a while.
    Thanks for the help everyone, I'll be back to revisit this once I get some sequencing done.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233