Thread: I need help with Light sequence speed, I need to increase the speed

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help with Light sequence speed, I need to increase the speed

Hello
    I built a light sequence using HLS (my first one). Its just pixels chasing to a beat.
    But, I need the to move faster and continue to the end after the beat stops.

Its laser shooting sound and the lights need to move faster, and not disappear after the sound stops (chase to the end).
    I'm using LED Strip Lights (WS2811) 300 pixels per string, 3 strings (900 pixels).

This is for a Halloween display.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need help with Light sequence speed, I need to increase the speed

Light 5/10/15 led's at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwcbinky View Post
    Hello
    I built a light sequence using HLS (my first one). Its just pixels chasing to a beat.
    But, I need the to move faster and continue to the end after the beat stops.

Its laser shooting sound and the lights need to move faster, and not disappear after the sound stops (chase to the end).
    I'm using LED Strip Lights (WS2811) 300 pixels per string, 3 strings (900 pixels).

This is for a Halloween display.

Mike
    There is a few things you can do for speed .

use a sequence timing of 25msec

shorten the duration between each effect/rgb channel <Note >

1 time tic between each is the fastest you can go

If you want lights to chase and stay on you will need to use the fill feature within HLS .

Post Thanks / Like

3 led's at a time, ramp down.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    There is a few things you can do for speed .

use a sequence timing of 25msec

shorten the duration between each effect/rgb channel <Note >

1 time tic between each is the fastest you can go

If you want lights to chase and stay on you will need to use the fill feature within HLS .

Can you change the timing after the sequence is built, when I chick on timing (Time Resolution) it says it can't be changed, its set at 50ms.
    Is there another place I can change it.
    I don't know how to use the fill channel, is their a video or tutorial on it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

For lights to chase and stay on you can use the background/foreground effects.
    You have to ensure the channels you want to use both have Backgrnd box checked in manage channels first.
    Once done, you can select background only and then fill that in with a solid color (usually less intensity like 20 or 30%).
    Switch to foreground/background in effects and add the desired chase.