Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Exported sequences drop out after about two minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Exported sequences drop out after about two minutes

I myself had an issue with a couple of my own when I loaded my Halloween display. I had sections near the end freeze. I reexported and uploaded again and they were fine. But I have been unable to reproduce non matching exports when I do it over and over on the same sequence. Sequences that have some random effects like the twinkle are harder to compare across loads so they take more work to reconcile. I am trying to gather all the clues I can to try and figure out what is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked my .NET version and it is 4.5.2. I'm Windows 8.1 Pro, x64.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a pretty good handle on the the solution to this problem. I am testing some fixes I have made that look promising. I exported a few to my display last night that ran cleanly. Hopefully I will have it incorporated into a new dev build sometime this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

FPP, after loading your sequences have you set up a play list? and set the time to play the play list?
    In other words under the

FPP/Content Setup tab you must go thru the tabs in order

1. File Manager (all .fseq and .mp3 that you want to play)
    2. Playlist (give it a name and add all of the above, press save)
    3. Schedule set the time etc. (todays date and time, make it for as many hours you need to test, 24 hour time)

You can also test each sequence under Status/control Display Test (as long as your FPP says its idle)
    Last edited by stallionent; 10-10-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my Halloween show running in FPP, so I have a full show scheduled up and running for 4 hours each night. So I exported a couple sequences with the new code without restarting Vixen and uploaded them into my show. It ran for the full 4 hours last night. I did not sit there and watch the whole thing, but spot checked it here and there and all was fine. My experience is that fpp can stream the same file out over and over without issue. So in my mind if it plays right the first time it should be good on the fpp side.

The one time I tried to play a test sequence through the Display test page fpp didn't play the audio. So if I want to test a single sequence in fpp, I just make a test playlist to run it. I do all my display setup stuff through Vixen to start with so I can manage it with my element groups and names and not have to figure out channels. Would be nice to share some integration info into a plugin for fpp to make that friendlier. Maybe some day when I am bored.
    Last edited by jeffu231; 10-10-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Development build #143 has the changes in it if anyone is interesting in giving it a try. It is a bug fix build based on 3.2u1. The usual back up your stuff applies........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Development build #143 has the changes in it if anyone is interesting in giving it a try. It is a bug fix build based on 3.2u1. The usual back up your stuff applies........
    Sorry about the delay, but I tested that dev build and it fixed the issue for me!

Post Thanks / Like

well i just try build 145 and no luck my light froze always same spot in around 2 minute into the song ,... then all my dmx ligh does not work ... i know its not hardware issue as i try some of the sequence from last year that were save on my pi and the dmx work ,,so it has something to do with the export as no change were done on the Chanel from last year to this year on the dmx .. cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of unrelated question, but is it ok to have a release build and a dev build installed at the same time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbotte View Post
    well i just try build 145 and no luck my light froze always same spot in around 2 minute into the song ,... then all my dmx ligh does not work ... i know its not hardware issue as i try some of the sequence from last year that were save on my pi and the dmx work ,,so it has something to do with the export as no change were done on the Chanel from last year to this year on the dmx .. cheer
    Huh. I just tried 145 and it works perfectly for me. When my lights "freeze", what actually happens is they all shut off at once. Sometimes, one or two elements will drop out before the rest, but usually it is all at once. I never get any lights stuck on. And it always happens at the exact same spot in the song for that export, BUT I can export the same song twice in a row and it will happen in a different place. Just clarifying, as I want to make sure we are all talking about the same issue here.

But it never happens at all in builds >143.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast