Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Importing XL WH into HLS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Importing XL WH into HLS?

Perhaps you guys would get better help if you post questions asking help from the XL devs on the xlights forum, www.nutcracker123.com/forum.

2. Thanks habbosrus thanked for this post
    Likes habbosrus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would work....anyone do this with XL and HLS?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    The way that I can see this working with HLS is via the PP .

You will need to channel order your WH matrix within HLS accordingly .

If you have single color elements , you may/will need to be creative with some rgb channels to account for those .

4. Thanks habbosrus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    Because we'd like to stay in HLS

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
    Yep, me too. My first preference is to use HLS and incorporate NC into it. Both are great individually, but awesome together.

Post Thanks / Like

I played around last year trying to import XL WHMs into a PP...... Didn't seem to matter how I ordered things in my PP I couldn't get it to work. On the other hand...I set up my "work Group" in HLS to match the output of my WHM from XL and pasted the HLSNC file onto the RGB channels and it worked like a champ..... So I ended up going away from PP's in some sequences where I wanted the WHM effect..... Since I found a work around I never got around to asking Joe or Sean for help on it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Santacarl View Post
    I played around last year trying to import XL WHMs into a PP...... Didn't seem to matter how I ordered things in my PP I couldn't get it to work. On the other hand...I set up my "work Group" in HLS to match the output of my WHM from XL and pasted the HLSNC file onto the RGB channels and it worked like a champ..... So I ended up going away from PP's in some sequences where I wanted the WHM effect..... Since I found a work around I never got around to asking Joe or Sean for help on it....
    There is , in certain circumstances incompatibility issues from XL/NC export > HLSNC where the effect may require Joes correction tool .

No need to avoid using PP

I am yet to try the new NC as it seems a new learning will be required .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12